single touch payroll

Nadine
Nadine Member Posts: 52
I received this update from Reckon today about Single Touch Payroll.

Don't worry! We've got you covered. All Reckon software with payroll functionality including Reckon One, Accounts Hosted, Reckon Accounts 2018 and Payroll Premier 2018/2019 will be STP-enabled and ATO compliant by 1 July 2018. Keep an eye out for more updates.

We are still using Reckon Accounts 2017. Will we need to upgrade to be compatible? Is there an update that we have missed?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Nadine,
    The 2018 edition of Reckon Accounts (desktop) will be compliant with STP requirements so you will need to upgrade the version you're currently using if you require this. 

More info on Reckon Accounts (desktop) -
    https://www.reckon.com/au/reckon-accounts-desktop/

More info on Single Touch Payroll -
    https://www.reckon.com/au/single-touch-payroll/

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sue Barton
    Sue Barton Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav, when was the 2018 premier edition updated released? I don't believe I have received my update and I am a paid up subscriber. Thanks Sue
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Hi Sue,
    The 2018 edition will be coming later this month so you haven't missed it :) 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nadine
    Nadine Member Posts: 52
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav
    Excellent result! Thanks so much for the information. I too was thinking I had missed the release. I will most definitely keep an eye out for it.
  • Anthony_9582158
    Anthony_9582158 Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav

Reckon Accounts Hosted user here. Could you please confirm:

1. What actions do we need to take to ensure we can lodge through SBR using Reckon Accounts Hosted?
    2. WIll you be using an intermediary to lodge using SBR?
    3. What cost will there be to lodge through SBR through Reckon Accounts Hosted?
    4. How will the update occur and when? 1 July 2018 isn't good enough as there needs to be sufficient time for testing prior to this by us, as users. 

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Rav
    edited March 2018
    Hi Anthony,
    I'll need to check in with the team building our STP functionality for info around your questions. I'll come back to you on this.

• Rav
    edited March 2018
    Hi again Anthony,
    The team have come to me in regard to your queries, please see below.

1. You won't need to do anything other than upgrade to the latest version of Reckon Accounts Hosted which will be released in June.

2. No, we are not using an intermediary to lodge.

3. There is no additional cost to lodge using SBR through Reckon Accounts Hosted.

4. Users cannot do testing. All data transmitted through the service will be seen as live data as the ATO does not have a mechanism to set a lodgement as test data (aside from their test service which is for development use only and uses specific data).

• Doyle
    Doyle Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav
    I don't see you telling customers anywhere that the 2018 Payroll Premier will cost us more then $500 per year for a license, you will not let your customers buy the software outright like in the past.
    Regards
    Danny
  • Mark_7931749
    Mark_7931749 Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav,

When you say Users cannot do testing, I would assume there will have to be a report that can be run showing all information that is being lodged, for checking. before it is actually lodged?  Similar to the banking ABA file?

thanks
    Mark
  • Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited April 2018
    Hi Mark,

There will be a way for you to review all the data being submitted to the ATO before processing is done yes. You will be able to see the exact employees, numbers and break down of the data before it is sent.
  • Anthony_9582158
    Anthony_9582158 Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2018
    Hi Simon

What date is Go Live for this on Reckon Accounts Hosted?

Thanks
    Anthony
  • Mark_7931749
    Mark_7931749 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2018
    Hello Rav, are you able to tell me the latest on a release date for the 2018 Premier Edition with STP included?

• Rav
    edited May 2018
    Hey Mark,
    STP functionality for the desktop range will come through with the tax update which will be released toward the back end of June.