Single Touch Payroll - Reckon GovConnect STP

• Article
  • Updated 2 months ago

Single Touch Payroll (STP) is coming into effect from 1 July 2018. To help you be compliant, we have developed a new application called GovConnect STP that connects all four Reckon products to the ATO STP service. 

The application acts as a gateway to the ATO enabling you to submit your STP reporting directly to the ATO. You can also review payroll info, amend any errors before lodging, receive ATO messages and view all past submissions.

The STP update will be available next week with the 2018 tax tables.
Reckon One, Accounts Hosted, Reckon Accounts 2018 and Payroll Premier 2018/19 are STP enabled and there is no additional cost for this functionality.

GET READY FOR STP
  • GovConnect STP Webinar: A step-by-step demonstration of how to sign up for GovConnect STP and submit payroll data to the ATO.
    Monday, June 25, 2:00PM - 3:00PM AEST - REGISTER NOW
  • STP Resource Hub: We've created a STP Customer Hub to help current Reckon customers get ready for STP. Simply click on your product for specific help guides, how to create a GovConnect account and a list of frequently asked questions.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • Confident

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 40,202 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
VERY exciting. Where do I sign up?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Check this out for more info on the sign-up process Kev -
GovConnect - Single Touch Payroll

And don't forget to attend the webinar if you can too, there will be a demo of the application and process.
(Edited)
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

• 1,012 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have created an account in the customer portal but payroll premier is not mentioned nor anyway to activate govConnect or add payroll premier
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Nicky,
You'll be able to see the GovConnect STP app inside the Portal once its activated later this week.

Also, I'd recommend attending the webinar this afternoon as the team will be giving you a demo on how to use Payroll Premier with GovConnect STP - 
Single Touch Payroll: Pre-release WEBINAR - 25 June
(Edited)
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Hi Ray, I am registered for the webinar this afternoon.  Will there be written instructions provided anywhere? If not, will print out the Guide.There won't be much of a gap between when its available and when we're supposed to use it.
Thanks
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So I've just followed the guide on how to log in to the portal, but it appears there is no option for Reckon Hosted, only Reckon One still. Will this be updated over the weekend as well or have I done something wrong?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 58,292 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly,
There are no changes in how you login to Reckon Accounts Hosted, you will continue to login and use it from the usual place HERE

The Reckon GovConnect STP application will be available inside the Reckon Portal from next week.

There's more info on this in our STP Customer Hub HERE.
(Just click the Reckon Accounts Hosted option as your product on that page)

GovConnect - Single Touch Payroll
Photo of Kelly

Kelly

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Rav, it was just a little unclear that the portal is not ready yet. Thanks for the info! :)
Photo of Darren G

Darren G

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Good afternoon Rav,

Where can i find a recording of this Webinar?

Thank you.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 61,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Darren, welcome to the Community.

The webinar just finished up about 20 minutes ago and the recording should be available tomorrow morning. I'll post it on the Community as soon as I can get my hands on the copy.
Photo of Darren G

Darren G

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I missed at we had an urgent meeting called. Looking forward to catching up on this one.
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

• 972 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I noticed in the webinar (couldn't hear, only read the screen) that multi-factor authentication was mandatory and then there were instructions for enabling on a phone or a tablet. Please tell me we are not required to use either of these devices to send the data to the ATO??
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 39,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Nicky no. The device is only necessary for 2FA
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Thank you
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 39,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Delerious to be of assistance. Have you set up 2FA yet? Its a snap. In the other software we use Google authenticator. Its very simple. Runs on your phone. You need a account for every software you use like Q or X or M.
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

The business doesn't require 2FA and I only use my phone for messages and ringing people. How quaint, I know.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Nicky,
MFA is an important and mandatory component in the STP process as required by the ATO. I'd recommend taking a look at the info on how MFA fits in the STP process HERE to get accustomed to the requirements that will be in place.
I'll also have a copy of the webinar up today so you can catch up on anything you missed.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

The recorded copy of the webinar is now available. Its a long one but has a lot of questions answered by our STP experts so I'd recommend giving it a watch. 

Single Touch Payroll: Pre-Release WEBINAR - 25 June 2018
(Edited)
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

So Kevin says we don't need another device but you are saying different?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

You don't need any additional device other than a Android smartphone or iPhone to use the Google Authenticator app. Did you take a look at the MFA link I posted in the reply above, it covers the process in detail.
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Yes, I did but my point is I don't use a smartphone, my positions here at work doesn't need or use a smartphone, we don't use Ipads or Android tablets at work. The MFA procedure seems to say basically that you won't be able to comply with the new rules unless you use a smartphone or a tablet.
Photo of Darren G

Darren G

Nicky, Try the below link as this is a Google Chrome attachment (extension) so you wont be required to use a personal smart phone.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/authenticator/bhghoamapcdpbohphigoooaddinpkbai?hl=en
(Edited)
Photo of Darren G

Darren G

Rav, Thank you for posting the webinar. Very informative looking forward to moving forward with STP in the new financial year.
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Don't want to use any smartphone, there isn't one available for use in this role,( you can't use google authenticator on a PC )Interesting that a google product is used when most government websites and portals don't work with Chrome. Sorry if I am being "thick" but it just seems unbelievable that the ATO should mandate "you must use a mobile device to comply with our new rules"
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

The Reckon GovConnect STP application is now live and available in the Reckon Portal!

For information on how on how to sign up, please check out our guide here -
Reckon GovConnect - Single Touch Payroll
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We've got a new bunch of webinars coming up that focus on Single Touch Payroll and each of our individual products. 

I'd highly recommend attending these webinars as they'll show you the whole process from sign-up to upload, and everything in between for the product that you use specifically.

The first one is this afternoon and there's still time to register a spot, don't miss out!

Check out the details here -

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon Accounts Desktop WEBINAR (29 June)

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon One WEBINAR (4 July 2018)

Single Touch Payroll for Reckon Accounts Hosted WEBINAR (5 July 2018)

Single Touch Payroll for Payroll Premier WEBINAR (5 July 2018)
Photo of Felicity Van

Felicity Van

• 1,076 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
I have created my Reckon GovConnect account & downloaded the google authenticator.  When I've entered in our company ABN & verified I now get a message "your connection is not private".  What do I do?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Felicity,
Which browser were you using when you encountered this? Can you try another and confirm if the issue persists?
Photo of Rosie

Rosie

• 1,356 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,

Is this a different webinar to the one held on the 25th of June - Single Touch Payroll - Pre release Webinar for Customers .

I am not sure if I should watch the recorded one or attend the one today?

Thanks, Rosie
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 53,786 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Rosie,
I'd definitely recommend attending/viewing both as there is some valuable information on the new GovConnect STP application in the previous webinar.
The good thing about the new webinars coming up is that they focus on each individual product specifically so you'll be able to see processes that affect you and apply it to your circumstances and ask questions as well.
Photo of Darren G

Darren G

Thank you Rosie for asking the question I was about to ask. And thank you Rav, always very informative. Looking forward to today's webinar.
Photo of Chantelle B

Chantelle B

• 70 Points
When will the tax table/STP update be uploaded to the members area? Also can you have more than one login for reckon portal for different staff members?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,078 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Chantelle,
The 2018/19 tax table update is already available in the Members Area -

In regard to the Reckon Portal, yes each staff member who need access STP need to have their own Reckon Portal account. There's some really good info in our STP FAQ's, check them out here -
Single Touch Payroll (STP) Webinar FAQ's
Photo of Vivienne Galvin

Vivienne Galvin

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
We are having trouble logging into the Reckon portal. It isn't recognising our user names, and when we press the button to say we've forgotten them it says an e-mail has been sent. But no e-mail is arriving. Unable to get past this
Photo of Vivienne Galvin

Vivienne Galvin

We are using Reckon Hosted
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 54,574 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vivienne,
As a Hosted user are you logging into the Reckon Portal using your Hosted user name? Please do not use a user ID to login eg. 123456-1

There's more info here.
Photo of Vivienne Galvin

Vivienne Galvin

No, we aren't using the user ID, we are logging in via our usual user name. We have updated to 2018 tax tables, and can still log into Reckon without a problem. But when we go in to portal.reckon.com and try to log in it won't work. According to what I've read we should already be registered as we are using Hosted. We have pressed the button "can't remember user name" just in case, but no e-mail is issuing from this step
Photo of Vivienne Galvin

Vivienne Galvin

We have selected the option to log in via Reckon, but should we be choosing sign in via Google? I have pressed this option out of desperation and is looks like it might work
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 54,574 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vivienne,

I've just sent you an email to your Community-registered email address. Can you take a look at it and get back to me when you get a chance.

Please DO NOT use a Google or Office 365 login as a Hosted user.
Photo of Lorraine

Lorraine

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same trouble today and spent quite a while on the phone to support with no outcome.
Photo of Samantha

Samantha

• 60 Points
Hi, I have processed our first payrun today for the 2018/19 FY. We have two "branch" numbers for our ABN. GovConnect is set up correctly, but when I attempt to upload the STP file, it rejects as the ABN/Branch Number doesnt match the exported report. Are you able to advise when I load the "Branch Number" for our ABN in Payroll Premier.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 52,504 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Samantha,
I've asked our STP experts about your query this morning and they've advised if you have two branch numbers you need two Payroll Premier files to be able to able to split between them and this has always been the case.

To set branch number in Payroll Premier you need to head into File > Preferences > File and there is a EMPDUPE code.
The EMPDUPE code is the branch number.
If you have two branch numbers and need to report as two, then you will need two Reckon GovConnect tiles; one for each branch and then export the files from Payroll Premier with the different branches into the respective GovConnect STP tile.
Photo of Kylie K

Kylie K

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
"Open Single Touch Payroll in Reckon One. Click the Single touch payroll link available in the side bar under the Payroll option. If this link is not present, your user may not have permissions to this area. Please discuss with your Reckon One administrator."

The problem I have is that the link is not present, but I am the administrator with full permissions.  I've processed today's pays but can't lodge the report with the ATO.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 57,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kylie,
Do you have the Payroll module with Reckon One?
Single Touch Payroll is enabled by default for all Reckon One Payroll module users so the link should appear on the side bar on the left provided you have that module activated.

Let me know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Kylie K

Kylie K

Yes, I do have the payroll module.  I have paid for it and I've used it to process pays.  I have 2 companies set up (separate books).  I've processed pays in both of them and neither of them have the Single Touch Payroll link available on the Payroll menu.  Yesterday I also read through the knowledge base document on fields that have to be populated (company legal name, each employee has to have an employee number etc) and I'm pretty sure the files are compliant with those fields.  Yesterday I also spent about an hour on hold for a support call but then I gave up...

ETA - both books have "Core-Medium" and "Payroll-Medium"
I also note that in the Reckon GovConnect company details that neither company has an address so I was wondering if that had anything to do with it, but I cannot find a way to edit these to include the address.
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 57,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That sounds odd.. Can you send me your Reckon One user name in an email and I'll see if the Reckon One team can share some insight into whats going on there - community@reckon.com
(Edited)
Photo of Kylie K

Kylie K

Thank you.  I've sent you an email.
Photo of WTPayroll

WTPayroll

• 72 Points
Hi Rav, why would employees be missing from the STP report in payroll premier when they are set up exactly the same as the 70 others in the same file? Also why don't Under-18s that have worked over 30 hours go into SGC in the report, the amounts go to RESC. Thanks.
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

The software Id is in the "members Area" according to the webinar. Where exactly is that? Doesn't appear to be in the Portal
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,264 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nicky,
Check out this related thread here.
Photo of Caroline

Caroline

• 412 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have a Reckon Hosted Licence and just completed my first STP upload through the Reckon GovConnect. Everything was pretty straight forward and went through easily.

My question is when I get directed and log in to Reckon GovConnect it states that the first 30 days are free and is asking me to purchase and provide a credit card for payment to continue after the 30 days. From everything I have read there is no additional cost for STP for Hosted users I am just checking to see if after 30 days I will still have access?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 60,296 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Caroline,
Correct, there's no cost for the STP service through the Reckon range of products.

I think what you're seeing is free 30 day trial info for our cloud solution Reckon One which is also located in the Reckon Portal as well.
Photo of Simone Gibson

Simone Gibson

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
HI
I have created my file but my screen only shows some of the report. I can't scroll across to the right to see the export button.  How do I fix? Im using payroll premier.
Thanks
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,138 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Creating thread

Please reference the new conversation here: Payroll Premier - Can't scroll to export button
Photo of Karan Lake

Karan Lake

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i have the same problem ive attached screenshots to show what were seeing but received no reply
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,138 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've replied to your other thread Karan.
Photo of Steven Shaw

Steven Shaw

• 72 Points
Using Desktop Accounts and I am having trouble with the Multi Factor Authentication step on the Reckon Portal.  No codes will verify.  I have tried both Mobile App and Chrome Plug in Authenticators.  Any advice?  Thanks
Photo of Steven Shaw

Steven Shaw

• 72 Points
I have resolved by following sync time advice.  cheers
Photo of Gemma

Gemma

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Please advise how I can share the same book with multiple users (not a BAS/Tax Agent - other employees)?   

I have registered the company and myself as a user on the Reckon portal but how do I share this with another user? This user has setup their own login but I don't see any option for them to use the  GovConnect STP account.

Thank you 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Gemma,
You can't share just yet but this we're looking to add sharing functionality early next week. 
Photo of Gemma

Gemma

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Many thanks
Photo of Kristi Burns

Kristi Burns

• 70 Points
Hello, we are the registered agent for a client and we are listed as the adviser in gov connect. However, when i log in to gov connect as the adviser I cannot lodge STP reports for my client? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 53,612 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Kristi,
Just need to get a bit more info on what's happening. What is happening when you login to GovConnect STP and try to lodge?

Are you unable to see the STP tile? Are you unable to setup the Adviser area or are you getting an error relating to the Software ID?
Photo of Kristi Burns

Kristi Burns

• 70 Points
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply. So the client already has STP and it seems it would be fine to lodge through there however it will be us who lodge all the STP reports. 
When i click reckon govconnect on the left hand side it brings up our accounting firm and to launch STP. Which i can do but when i am in there i cannot lodge a clients STP file. 
I've tried the buy now and to add the clients ABN but i see i cannot do this if they have already registered.

Thanks
Photo of Jovie Gianotti

Jovie Gianotti

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
Been on the phone since this morning but I cant get anyone. I need a help to revoke my MFA . I have done 2 pays this month and still no success to lodge to ATO. Can someone ring me.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 54,898 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jovie,
Really sorry that you've had a hard time in speaking to the support team today, the teams have been flat out but they're doing their best to get through all their calls as quick as possible.

In regard to revoking MFA, there are only two ways depending on separate circumstances.

The first is, revoking MFA through your Reckon Portal settings.
This can be completed if you have the original MFA source that you initially used ie. the Google Authenticator app on your phone.

The second is if you don't have the original Google Authenticator used ie. it was uninstalled/deleted or if you need a MFA code revoked from your Reckon Portal account for any reason other than the above, there are stringent security controls around this.

You must get in touch with our Support team to initiate it as they will need to verify the account owner. If this is successful, they will organise for MFA code to be revoked. Its not instantaneous unfortunately due to the sensitive nature of information in the Single Touch Payroll process.
Photo of Jovie Gianotti

Jovie Gianotti

I have reinstalled Authenticator. When I enter the code, response is "Please type
correct code".
(Edited)
Photo of Glen Gatland

Glen Gatland

When we try to lodge STP this comes up - info I can see seems to match but I have no idea how to check all details in Gov Connect, also cannot add any address (ours does not appear in drop down list and wont allow manual entry)

"Invalid Company Information provided. Please check your ABN/WPN, Company Name and Branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect Single Touch Payroll for your company."
Photo of Rosie

Rosie

Hi Glen, We had this issue too. I checked with the ATO and found they had it all in capital letters and that the word LTD at the end of our name was spelt as "Limited" not LTD. When I updated the legal information in Reckon to be the same as this it then went through fine. Good luck!
Photo of Glen Gatland

Glen Gatland

Spot on Rosie, fixed it straight away, many thanks.
Photo of Greta Collins

Greta Collins

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi, I have tried to lodge a payroll file and have this error coming up:

instance.EmployeeData[1].Detail.Email is not any of [subschema 0],[subschema 1], instance.EmployeeData[9].Detail.Email is not any of [subschema 0],[subschema 1]
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Greta,
The email address fields in your employee list need attention and correction. 
In particular, I'd recommend checking out the 2nd and 10th employee in the STP list. Check if all email addresses are correct, if there are any leading or trailing spaces in the email address and if there is more than one email address listed.
Photo of Greta Collins

Greta Collins

Thanks I will take a look
Photo of Greta Collins

Greta Collins

Hi Rav, is there any way around this? I have checked emails and I can't find an issue have redone the file and tried to lodge again but have gotten the same error.  

Also does it make a difference if you log in using Microsoft 365? Thanks!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Greta,
I'd recommend checking if there are any leading or trailing spaces before or after any email addresses because while the email address itself might look correct, a space after the address could be causing the problem and causing your file to be rejected.

There is no difference in requirements in terms of the login method, its the same for everyone.
Photo of Lucinda

Lucinda

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Invalid Company Information provided. Please check your ABN/WPN, Company Name and Branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect Single Touch Payroll for your company. 

When lodging the STP file on the portal, we are faced with the above error. We have double and triple checked the Company Name, ABN and Branch number and they are all correct. 

Do you have any suggestions as to how we can fix this issue? 

Thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 53,786 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lucinda,
If you're using Reckon Accounts Business (desktop) or Hosted, check out this post and the link to the KB article related to that error message -

“Invalid Company Information error” in Govconnect STP when submitting pay events from Reckon Accounts Business & Hosted

As Greta mentioned, case sensitivity is a common cause but also you need to ensure that the name shown in GovConnect STP is exactly replicated in your company file..

A common trip up has been where the business name GovConnect STP shows, for example, ABCD LIMITED but the company file shows ABCD LTD or ABCD Limited which will cause a failure and result in that error message.
(Edited)
Photo of Lucinda

Lucinda

Hi Rav
Have just tried again and the name is definitely the same. 
Any other suggestions? 
Thanks
Photo of Greta Collins

Greta Collins

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Lucinda, I had this issue too. I had to copy and paste the company name from the Reckon single touch payroll into Reckon (company information) then log out and log back in and it worked... I think maybe because in Reckon I had lower case.. Not sure. hope that helps
Photo of Lucinda

Lucinda

Hi Greta

We just tried that but it didn't seem to work. 

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Photo of Fozzie

Fozzie

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Does anyone know if there is an alternative to upload the data if your accounting system fails to do it?  Or Manually enter.  This is a compliance issue.
i am having an issue when i try to login it doesn't recognise my login details; it has the error below.  i am using the login that i use to login to Reckon Accounts Hosted.  I do have another login but I think that was setup in error as it wants me to finish the registration and pay! I'm not sure how to remove it or why my sign in doesn't work
(Edited)
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Hi Ray,
Can you tell me please if the new tax tables came with 2018/2019 payroll premier or do they have to be updated manually? In previous years they were a separate update but the 2018/2019 version ihas behaved totally differently so I am just checking. Thank you
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Can anyone tell me where to find the branch number in the Reckon Gov Connect. I have tried 000 and 001 in the payroll system but still no go. Is there anywhere I can send the file so someone can tell me what needs changing? Desperate here.
Photo of Rosie

Rosie

Hi Nicky,

Can you access the ATO Portal? That will show you if you have a branch number associated with your ABN. I had to type the Company name all in Capitals in the Legal name section of Reckon and I also had to type the work LIMITED not LTD at the end. I had called the ATO and asked them to read out the exact legal name and address to check it.

Goodluck!
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Thanks Rosie, I have finally (after a week) got it to work. The trading name had to be added as well as the legal name and the surname dropped off the contact name in the payroll (bizarre) The branch has to be 000 but it defaults to 001 everytime you open the program. I am just thankful it worked!!
Photo of Anne-Maree

Anne-Maree

I have upgraded to our 2018 software (Reckon Accounts Premier) and I see nothing at all relating to STP in the software.  I have watched the you tube video and saw that there should be a report under the employee reports tab.  I have nothing new here.  Please help. Are we enabled yet or not as we have to get this moving or I will have to request an extension with the ATO.  Everything else is ready to go.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 54,158 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Anne-Maree,
Have you downloaded and installed the 2018 Tax Table Update?
It contains the tax tables for the current financial year and adds Single Touch Payroll functionality. 

You'll find the Tax Table Update in the Members Area, just log in with your Customer ID & PIN.

Photo of Anne-Maree

Anne-Maree

Got it!  thanks Rav.  
Photo of Nicky Wray

Nicky Wray

Just a tip - payslips in Payroll Premier will email if a) there is a message in the "email payslips" preference and Outlook is closed. Tried it with Outlook open - no go. Closed it - works