Single Touch Payroll

Teagan Uttridge
Teagan Uttridge Member Posts: 36
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Just wondering how to information will be sent to the ATO once the Single touch Payroll system is in place. Will it be a empdupe file? Do I need to set up an account with the ATO for employees to do this?

Comments

• Teagan Uttridge
    edited April 2018
    An Auskey or anything. I've asked our accountant and a friend who's a chartered accountant and no one can tell me how the information will be lodged with every payroll
  • Teagan Uttridge
    edited April 2018
    Yes Kevin I've looked on the ATO website. They are not going to have information on how Reckon will be sending the data across. And accountants outsource bookkeepers and occasionally do payroll for large companies accountants also provide support to companies on these matters Id expect that they'd have some idea to be able to provide this support 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2018
    Morning Teagan,
    Let me check in with the team building out our STP functionality regarding your query and I'll come back to you on this.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited April 2018
    Hi Teagan,

Depending on whether you have a cloud based product (hosted or reckon one) or desktop product will determine how you get the data out for Single Touch Payroll.

For the desktop products there is a export procedure which will give you a file to then upload to our new STP Cloud Application. For the cloud products, there will be a direct connection to the STP Cloud Application.

Once the data has been transmitted to the STP Cloud Application or uploaded to it, you will be able to review the data in a web interface, that is about to be sent to the ATO for processing before confirming via a onscreen declaration that you are happy for Reckon to submit this data on your behalf to the ATO for the purpose of single touch payroll.

The transmission will then be processed by the ATO and any response messages from the ATO to your business based on that transmission will be displayed in the STP cloud application for you to review and take action on if necessary.

A accountant who has a Reckon account, will be able to submit on your behalf as long as you have provided them written permission to do so and they are acting as your intermediary. The process for this is the same as if that accountant processes a BAS on your behalf. The permission between the two entities must exist outside the software as well. This is generally called a letter of engagement and standing authority to perform a process.

Accountants should be up to speed on how STP as a whole works by now, but if you have further questions about how Reckon posts and accepts the data, please do ask.