Single Touch Payroll (STP) sharing is now available!

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi everyone,

We're excited to let you know that sharing functionality is now available for Single Touch Payroll! 

This means you can share your STP 'tile' that has been created in GovConnect with other users. This will come in handy if you have more than one person performing payroll duties or for cover when you might be away.

IMPORTANT: Remember, each user must have their own Reckon Portal account and their own Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).

Check out our guide on the Help Centre for the full process on how to share STP with other users right here -

HOW TO SHARE YOUR RECKON GOVCONNECT STP SERVICE WITH OTHER USERS

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• richard_9724653
    richard_9724653 Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2018
    I've added a user but they haven't received the verification email. I cannot find a way to re-send.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Richard,
    Is this during the process of the new user signing up for their own Reckon Portal account?
    The reason I ask is because during the 'sharing' process itself, there is no verification email sent out, only during sign up to the Portal.

If this is the case and it hasn't appeared after a few minutes, check out their Junk Email/Spam folder just in case its been diverted there inadvertently. ?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• richard_9724653
    richard_9724653 Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,
    it's during the sign up process. The system said it was sending a verification email but it's not been received. Have checked all spam/junk folders etc. and no sign of it.
    Thanks
  • Glenda Hannah
    Glenda Hannah Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2018
    I am having the same issue. I am unable to progress to lodge STP as I cannot log in or set up a new account. Email has not arrived to finalise verification.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi guys,
    If the user's still haven't got the verification emails, can I please get you to send through the email addresses they're trying to register with to [email protected] 

• Bully_9639185
    Bully_9639185 Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2018

Following response when trying to set-up "Sharing":

"Unable to Validate Username"

Can you please advise action?

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Has this user verified their account (through the verification email)?

Also, are you inputting the correct user name that they've used to sign up to the Reckon Portal?

• Bully_9639185
    Bully_9639185 Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2018

Hi Rav

I have set up Authenticator through Google Chrome on my PC as I do not have access to a smartphone in my workplace.  When I attempt to connect I get “Capture failed, please reload the page and try again”.  Do you know if this has something to do with my PC settings?

Thanks

• Leanne_7663246
    Leanne_7663246 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Can I ask possibly a silly question.  We have reckon hosted with one user license. Can I set up one of our employees to access stp thru her own log in.  I tried sharing the STP tile but that didn't work.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Bully,
    I'm not sure what's causing that problem but it sounds like its an issue with the Chrome extension you're using itself. If you've already set up MFA then revoke it in your Reckon Portal settings and maybe reinstall the extension?

Leanne,
    Has the other employee created her own Reckon Portal account as yet? You can share the existing STP tile with other users only if they've created their own Reckon Portal account. 

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Bully,
    I'm not sure what's causing that problem but it sounds like its an issue with the Chrome extension you're using itself. If you've already set up MFA then revoke it in your Reckon Portal settings and maybe reinstall the extension?

Leanne,
    Has the other employee created her own Reckon Portal account as yet? You can share the existing STP tile with other users only if they've created their own Reckon Portal account. 

• Nicole_9728149
    Nicole_9728149 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    Hi, can you please tell me how to remove a draft payrun from STP?
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Nicole, you can't do it just yet but the functionality to do so will be introduced in a future update of GovConnect STP

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    If you have 2 different companies, are you required to have a separate  Reckon Portal account for both of them or can you just have one?  If you are required to have two do you need different email addresses for them?

Currently I have a portal set up for each company, but I want to be able to go on holidays, so I need to share to another staff member.  What is the best way to go about this?  My other staff member only has 1 email address.

• Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Shelley,
    You can set up multiple ABN's for Single Touch Payroll services under the one Reckon Portal account so there's no need to have multiple accounts.

From the sounds of it, you've already setup two Reckon Portal accounts each with a ABN registered in GovConnect. Is there a reason you've done it that way? ie. did you want to keep them separate?

Here's a potential option..
    Get the other user in your business you wish to share with to create their own Reckon Portal account (only one account is required) and set up their own MFA.

Once that is done, you can share BOTH STP entities that you have in each of your Reckon Portal accounts with that user. The two STP entities will then appear in that user's one Reckon Portal account and they will be able to submit pay events on your behalf.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    I was in a bit of a hurry when setting up as had a payroll run on the 2nd July and I did not notice that you could add other companies to the same STP.

• Kathryn_8729731
    Kathryn_8729731 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2018
    Hi Bully

I had the same issue, you just need to adjust the box so that the full QR code is within the boundaries within authenticator, then it will be fine.
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2018
    @Nicole - the ability to remove a draft payrun from STP will be released this week. 

Jason
  • Sandya
    Sandya Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    Hi 
    i am trying to connect to Reckon Gov connect since yesterday and each time when i enter the code it says enter the correct code. i am entering the correct code but system doesn't recognize that. Could someone please help.

• Rav
    edited September 2018
    Creating new thread: Not related to STP sharing. Please reference the new conversation here: Single Touch Payroll - MFA not recognised