SINGLE TOUCH PAYROLL UPLOAD ERROR

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
The element 'Payroll' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt'
has invalid child element 'AmendmentI' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt'. List of possible elements expected: 'InteractionTransactionId' in namespace 'http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt'. Hint: while processing parent element [Payroll] child mandatory element [InteractionTransactionId] was expected but not found

i cant see how to fix this error
Photo of Kelly Serle

Kelly Serle

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 81,150 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly,
Does this message appear in the ATO response inside the pay event itself?
Photo of Kelly Serle

Kelly Serle

hi rav, yes it does thankyou
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Ok thanks, just checked in with the STP team on this one.
Essentially speaking, this message comes up when there is a mismatch between the file types between the STP pay event export file in your accounting software and the submission in GovConnect. To put it a bit more simply, you may have chosen the 'Full File Replacement' option in GovConnect STP whereas the pay event was just a normal one ie. not created as a Full File Replacement in your accounting software.
Photo of Kelly Serle

Kelly Serle

Thanks so much thats exactly what i did. Can i also ask you i just started using this week should i upload previous pay periods for the rest of the financial year or it will have upto date gross etc of each employee and be fine now ?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Good stuff! Glad its sorted.
In regard to your previous pay periods, no its not necessary to do so. Single Touch Payroll submissions are reported on a YTD basis so your latest successful submission will bring everything up to date.
Photo of Craig Angelatos

Craig Angelatos

• 60 Points
Hi,
We've received the same error message but we're still a little unclear as to how to resolve the situation. When we upoad a file, we have chosen "New pay run/full file replacement" as the report type, is this the cause of this error message? If not, can you please elaborate on Rav's message 2 months ago (above) as to how to resolve? Thanks.
Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Same problem here - how do we fix it? Full file replacement? Seems odd....
Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Does it matter if it was the first one submitted? As long as the others were accepted after that, and in that financial year, I'm assuming it doesn't matter. ??
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

That's correct Michelle. Ideally you want to have everything correct but if your LATEST pay event has been successful then your YTD balances have been updated since STP is reported on a YTD basis.

*Deleting duplicate post