Slow issues

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered

Can someone please give me some things to try to speed up Hosted? I cannot get any work done as it's taking up to 3 minutes to just open an invoice today. One person is using it at home on her Mac, she has no issues. We are using it in the office on PC's and it's just not happening.

Some days are fine, and we have no issues, some are like this and it's starting to get extremely frustrating. Really starting to regret changing over.

We have Reckon Hosted, I've tried opening in Internet Explorer & Google Chrome, doesn't make any difference.

Photo of Nicole Smith

Nicole Smith

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,814 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Check your internet speed outside of Hosted www.speedtest.net
Photo of Nicole Smith

Nicole Smith

Ping 59ms

Download Speed 1.63

Upload Speed 0.67

Would that be enough to cause the issues? Will get onto tech support if that's the case, they assured me it was fine and shouldn't be causing any of the problems as the whole server has only just recently been updated.  

Photo of Kevin V. Russell

Kevin V. Russell, Accredited Partner

• 5,580 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Very definitely. Tech support will tell you (they told me) you need AT LEAST 4mbps download speed to run Hosted. You need to speak to your isp. That speed is SHOCKING.
Photo of Nicole Smith

Nicole Smith

OK, never trust the IT guy! Have just called them to get them to look into it for me. When I told them the numbers they agreed it was not acceptable.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.