Slow updating of account

Options
Michael Aitken
Michael Aitken Member Posts: 2
I am  using Reckon Personal Plus 2013. One of my accounts has suddenly become painfully slow with every change of a single figure in the investment portfolio taking at least 15-30 seconds to a to update the investment portfolio.  Anyone experienced this before? We are only talking thirty stocks and maybe a few hundred transactions a year...total perhaps 10 years of transactions.

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Michael,

The slow update of the portfolio view is a known problem for us users for a few years now, although your case of 15-30 seconds is worse than I have experienced.

The solution appears to be to wait for the screen to stop flickering and update.

There was a similar problem reported recently.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/quicken-pp-2016-problems-in-portfolio-view

This problem should not be happening for the size of database that is being used, but unfortunately, there has not been a response from Reckon to date. We can only hope they are reviewing the cause of this unnecessary delay on the portfolio view and finding the appropriate share price.

John

• gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes John is correct if we understand your problem correctly. You have probably added a column to do with historical returns, like 5yr average? It is these that somehow bog the program down.
  • Michael Aitken
    Michael Aitken Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Gavin, Thank-you for that  advise. I had in fact forgot that I changed the custom view and added the 3 average % ratios. I deleted the three ratios one at a time and each time it speed up the process and is now back to normal once all three were no longer being calculated. Not a good look for the product i have to say.
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yeah it has been this way for years and years but it seems there is no interest in fixing it :-(
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Michael and Gavin,

This particular function has been recognised as an issue and is something our team is aware of.

I can't give you any timeframes on a fix at this point however there are workarounds in place to help alleviate the problem at least somewhat in the interim.

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4647

Thanks
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.