Small (and inaccurate) mouse pointer

Lucas Anstiss
Lucas Anstiss Member Posts: 28
edited September 2019 in Accounts Hosted
As of this morning's login to Reckon Hosted my mouse pointer in Reckon is tiny, and doesn't "click" on the tip of the pointer.

It is only in the Reckon tab of my browser (ie. it is Reckon specific) and it is only happening to me (other company users are not experiencing this issue).

It is not mission critical but it is annoying.  Logging in and out of Reckon has not helped...

Screen shot below - bonus points for  spotting the mouse pointer... :)

Comments

• Lucas Anstiss
    edited September 2019
    Ok, so it turns out that my screenshot didn't capture the cursor (sorry if you were trying to find it :) )

Anyway, it's about 1/10th the size of the normal cursor!

Help...
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    And there goes my last 20 minutes trying to find the mouse pointer in the screenshot.. just kidding :) 

On a serious note, this sounds like a really weird one, and I can't say I've seen or heard of this before.
    What kind of mouse are you using? Just a regular wired one or a bluetooth/wireless type?

I can't see which browser you're using but does the same thing happen if you login to Hosted on a different browser as a test?

Also, when you logged out of Hosted, did you also close your session in the Hosted control panel as well? If not, could you try that then logout and close the browser and try again after a couple of minutes.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lucas Anstiss
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for your reply Rav.

The mouse is the same one I've always used - a regular USB plug in mouse.  If I unplug the mouse and use the trackpad on my laptop there is no change.

I have tried closing the session on exit, but it has not solved the problem.

I'm using Chrome.  I just tried it in Edge, and the mouse pointer was normal (??).  Now I've logged back in with Chrome and it is tiny again ?!

My strategy at this point is to soldier on today and assume that it will fix itself by Monday :)

L
  • Suzanne Lockwood
    Suzanne Lockwood Accredited Partner Posts: 71 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Hi Lucas,
    I also began experiencing the same problem today.  It seemed to happen following a Windows (10) update this afternoon?  I use Chrome, so tested in Firefox and Microsoft Edge and have a normal cursor with those two browsers.
    I too have a normal size mouse pointer in all but the Reckon Accounts tab!
    Curious; let's hope it resolves itself soon as Chrome is my preferred browser for this program.
  • Lucas Anstiss
    edited June 2019
    Further update - it hasn't fixed itself (!) and I noticed that when I hover the mouse pointer over the toolbox icon that you use to download / upload files etc, the mouse pointer goes back to a normal size...

• irene callahanl
    irene callahanl Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    I am having the same problem cant see my mouse pointer hardly, has anyone got an answer for this

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi guys,
    This is a really strange one and not something I have much info on at this stage but can I grab the version of Chrome you're all using?
    I've logged in & out more than a few times today just to test on Chrome (my version number is below) and seems to be fine for me so its a rather stage problem.

Just to confirm, its ONLY happening on Chrome?

Menu button > Help > About Google Chrome (it'll look something like the below)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lucas Anstiss
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Rav - see screenshot below.  I tried in Edge and it was ok.

• Lyn_7052212
    Lyn_7052212 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2019
    I am having the same problem with the mouse pointer and using the same version of Chrome as above.  
  • Lucas Anstiss
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav,
    Any progress on this issue?  
    Thanks
    Lucas
  • Wilma
    Wilma Accredited Partner Posts: 46 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    Yep me also
    I thought it was me and my age,  Phewwww so glad that is not the problem.

I am really struggling to see it all when i have the shiny screen issue happening.  
    Having to update to a matt screen to help.  However that is not the answer to the tiny mouse pointer.

I'm using Google Chrome  Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Cheers
    Wilma

• Lyn_7052212
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav
    What's the update on this ?
    There is still a problem with the mouse pointer 
    Regards
    Lyn
  • Wilma
    Wilma Accredited Partner Posts: 46 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,
    Any updates.
    I noticed that the mouse pointer is normal on the first screen and in the control panel.
    When I go into 2019 its normal whilst the screen is black but as soon as accounts has launched it turns to a tiny mouse. about 1/4 the size.
    Cheers
    Wilma
  • Lyn_7052212
    edited July 2019
    Rav .. this needs to be fixed.  It's very annoying having to use a different browser.  Surely the technical team can work out what is causing the problem and fix it.  Please give us an update
    Regards
    Lyn
  • Suzanne Lockwood
    Suzanne Lockwood Accredited Partner Posts: 71 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Hi Rav, it appears to be a Chrome issue as I have a normal size mouse in other browsers.
    Kind regards, Suzanne
  • Luke Cliff
    Luke Cliff Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Same problem with a clients account. Apple OS is fine, Windows doesn't like it.

>> The cursor size is reflecting the size of the screen (of the streamed application) rather than a default size so when the screen size is downsized to fit a browser the cursor goes with it.
  • Lucas Anstiss
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for fixing this  :)  - my quality of life has improved dramatically...
  • Wilma van Eyk
    Wilma van Eyk Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2019
    Amen to that Lucas.

Thanks Guys