Software ID different on app then on portal

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi Rav,

I have found the GST branch number on paperwork which was just 001. I entered this into the app. Now when I try and submit my first pay run it comes up with the error 'Invalid Company Information provided. Please check your ABN/WPN, Company Name and Branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect Single Touch Payroll for your company.'

I have gone onto Reckon GovConnect Portal and signed in with my login details that I used for the app. When I go into the Company & Advisor Info the Company Name and the ABN is the same as what is on the app as well as the Branch Number.

The one thing I notice that is different is the Software ID number is different to what is on my phone app. I have advised the ATO of the Software ID on my phone app.

Can you please advise why I can't submit this pay through the app?? 
Photo of Shannon Muchna

Shannon Muchna

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,560 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Shannon,
I think we need to take this back a few steps.

Firstly, are you using/do you require the micro-business (1-4 employee) Single Touch Payroll app OR the GovConnect service?
(The GovConnect service is used to submit STP pay events from your Reckon accounting software).
You can either use the free app OR you use GovConnect if you have Reckon accounting software, you can't do both.

The reason I ask this is because it sounds like you've registered your ABN on the GovConnect service and then potentially registered it again on the app using your branch number.

So if you can get back to me on the above, and also confirm your ABN then we can take the first step in addressing the way this has been setup.
Photo of Shannon Muchna

Shannon Muchna

Hi Rav,

I only require the Single Touch Payroll app which I have on my phone. I have advised the ATO on the Software ID that is on my phone. I would only like to have on my phone if possible as I am not using any other accounting software and only have the one employee.

The ABN Number is 20132922475
The Company is WAM Surveys Pty Ltd

It was only after I got that error on my phone that said I needed to ensure it matched the Reckon GovConnect Single Touch Payroll for your company that I went onto my laptop and tried to login that way.

If you can please help me that would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Shannon
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Awesome, thanks for confirming all that Shannon.
If its ok with you, can I reset everything so we can start this again?
I can see there are a number of registrations with varying branch numbers and then one on GovConnect and I think the easiest thing would be to just get rid of everything so you can sign up to the app again and register your ABN with the correct branch number once more. That way we both know its the ONLY registration you have moving forward.
Photo of Shannon Muchna

Shannon Muchna

Hi Rav,

Thank you for looking into it. Yes please reset everything for me. Will I then contact the ATO again as I assume it will give me a new software ID number?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Shannon,
I've gone ahead and done this now.
You'll need to log out of the app if you haven't already then close it in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps (will differ based on phone model).
Then sign up for the app again (don't sign in as your previous account is now deleted) and go ahead with setting up your company.

Yes you will have a new Software ID so this needs to be registered with the ATO.
Photo of Shannon Muchna

Shannon Muchna

Hi Rav,

Thank you very much. I have done this and it has now worked. Really appreciate your help :-)