Some of my statements are sending, others are not

andrew cook
andrew cook Member Posts: 4
edited December 2017 in Reckon One
I have entered all customers details into Reckon One, and am trying to send EOM statements. However, after selecting "create statement" then "send via email" the email template page does not appear for all my customers. The three red dots in the middle of the screen appear for less than a second and nothing happens.

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited December 2017
    08/12/17

Hi Andrew,

I might be able to point you in the right direction for this one. This issue seems to occur if your customer statement payment details text is longer than 342 characters.

To confirm this, you can copy your customer statement payment details text & paste it to this website https://www.lettercount.com/ to find how long it is. Any spaces or carriage returns within the text are counted as 1 character per instance.

You can access your customer statement settings via - Administration menu (cog icon top right) > Settings > Day to day > Statements 

If your text is longer than 342 characters then this is probably why it's happening. I've raised this issue with the R1 team. For now, until the issue is fixed, the solution is to edit your customer statement payment detail text so that it is 342 characters or less.
  • andrew cook
    edited December 2017
    Hi Qwerty, the character count was 298. Is the same for all my statements. It may have something to do with the Customer Name Length, or same email address for multiple customers
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited December 2017
    11/12/17

Perhaps try a test customer statement email (to yourself as the email recipient) but first remove any default payment details text for the statement before clicking the email option. If the issue still occurs then we can at least eliminate any idea of it been related to the payment details text.

Make sure to copy the payment details text over to a document first so you don't lose that info.
  • andrew cook
    edited December 2017
    Thanks,
    I tried this, and still worked on some customers, but not others. I could print all the statements regardless of the customer, but unable to send some direct email from the system