Something went wrong error message: Single Touch Payroll

Options
Gemma
Gemma Member Posts: 60
edited October 2018 in Accounts Hosted
We're having a problem with STP. 

I have shared the STP file with my colleague and he can login no problem, but an error message of "Something went wrong" appears 3 x times on the screen after he has selected:

ReckonGovConnect, then 
Open 

I have cleared the cookies and cache on his computer as recommended on another forum post but still the error message appears.

Does anyone know what the problem is here?

Thank you 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Gemma,
    From what I understand, this error occurs when you've added another person as 'Staff' in the Reckon Portal rather than sharing the STP entity using the 'Share' process.

Can you confirm if that has occurred?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gemma
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Rav,

I shared the file using the share process (click the three dots and share with user).

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me Gemma, sounds like you've done everything right which is good.

Ok just found there's another potential cause for this and its related to firewall/antivirus security. Essentially, your firewall could be blocking the following URL https://stp-api.reckonapi.com and needs to be added to the exception list. This varies depending on your security setup but I'd recommend checking that out.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Gemma
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Rav, we called our IT provider who went through everything related to the Firewall and the problem is still occurring.

Our IT provider believes it is a Reckon issue, not something on our end.

• Gemma
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi, does anyone have a solution to this yet?  The error is still occurring. 
  • Len Hill
    Len Hill Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I am still unable to progress with my STP Lodgment  process as the error continues to appear, sometimes 4 notifications come up then suddenly disappear ! 
    Does anybody have this problem, if so how have you rectified it ?
  • Carmel Matheson
    Carmel Matheson Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Len, I have got a little further, but still have an issue, but thought I'd share this with you, as you might be able to get solve the final bit for both of us...

Athough the portal allowed us our 2nd user to access the GovConnect Portal using his Reckon Hosted log in credentials, we also had 4 error notifications that were coming up, and we were unable to verify his the email address when we were trying to share the file with him as advised. Rather than logging in, we registered him for the free Reckon Portal Account (the link is above the log in window), and it generated an email that was sent to his email address which we have had to validate. Once validated, our original user was able to share access to the GovConnect STP. So even though we do not have the 4 error messages anymore, and have been able  share access with him, when we click on the shared with me tab (while logged in as him), the portal says we do not have any shared subscriptions. I am hoping between us, we can nail this before the end of the day... lol. Appreciate any info you can throw my way. Thanks. 
  • Carmel Matheson
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Gemma, I have got a little further, but still have an issue, but thought I'd share this with you, as you might be able to get solve the final bit for both of us...

Athough the portal allowed us our 2nd user to access the GovConnect Portal using his Reckon Hosted log in credentials, we also had 4 error notifications that were coming up, and we were unable to verify his the email address when we were trying to share the file with him as advised. Rather than logging in, we registered him for the free Reckon Portal Account (the link is above the log in window), and it generated an email that was sent to his email address which we have had to validate. Once validated, our original user was able to share access to the GovConnect STP. So even though we do not have the 4 error messages anymore, and have been able  share access with him, when we click on the shared with me tab (while logged in as him), the portal says we do not have any shared subscriptions. I am hoping between us, we can nail this before the end of the day... lol. Appreciate any info you can throw my way. Thanks.
  • Carmel Matheson
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm in... yay!!! Log out of the portal and log back in, taking care to use new log in details you set up when you created the new user account.. ours was our 2nd users\'s email address and his password. ... Good luck, hope this helps.
  • Carmel Matheson
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm in... yay!!! Log out of the portal and log back in, taking care to use new log in details you set up when you created the new user account.. ours was our 2nd users\'s email address and his password. ... Good luck, hope this helps.

• Straight Steer Automotive
    Straight Steer Automotive Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Len, I am experience same problem can't log in to the reckon Gov Connect with my authenticator . I can't submit STP to ATO.  I have update my iphone and got  authenticator from my icloud  store , after this I can't log in anymore. Please help . Violeta 
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Violeta,
    Did you delete your authenticator app at some point since setting up the MFA on your GovConnect STP service?

edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Rav, I got on both iphone's at the moment  but only now I find out that is working with my old phone. I can log n to the reckon gov connect. But how can I delete from my old phone and have on my new iphone only. Thanks for your help. Violeta
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi Rav, I would like to ask you if I can get training with reckon hosted, I am new to this job  and to payroll trying to find videos on You-Tube to help me out to do same work .EOFY etc, but not much information about Reckon accounts hosted on You-Tube. I need to learn how to terminate an employee in accounts business . Thanks. Violeta
  • Felicity Van
    Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I am having this same issue.  I have two companies that I need to lodge STP data for. I was able to do the first one fine, but when I log back in to do the 2nd company I get the "something went wrong" error message 3 times & then it's lost all previous data for this company.

Can anyone assist?

I had no issues a fortnight ago when I did both companies.
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi Felicity,
    I'd recommend checking out this KB article for potential causes of that message and how to resolve it -

Error ‘Something went wrong’, when trying to open GovConnect

• Felicity Van
    Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
    edited August 2018
    Options
    thanks Rav,
    that didn't work, but i cleared browser history & that worked.