Cloud Connectivity Issue - 5 June 2016 - RESOLVED

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Hi everyone

As some of you are already aware, we are currently experiencing a connectivity issue with our online services, Reckon Accounts Hosted and Reckon One. Our IT team is looking into it as a matter of priority but it appears to be a infrastructure related issue. 

We have logged a severity 1 case with our vendor.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and frustration caused. This thread will be updated with more information as soon as it comes to hand.

Rav

UPDATE - 5:15pm
Hi everyone, the cause has been identified as external to Reckon. Investigations are continuing.

UPDATE - 5:30pm
Hi everyone,

The team have identified the cause of the issue as being external to Reckon however we are receiving early reports that connectivity has been restored. Please try logging in and let me know if you encounter any issues.

UPDATE - 5:50pm
Hi all,

Hosted solutions are functional however our vendor is still working toward a full resolution.

UPDATE - 6:30pm
Hi everyone,
The latest update from our vendor is that some systems are continuing to experience connectivity issues. Work is continuing to rectify this at the highest priority.

UPDATE - 7:20pm
We are seeing progressive improvements in connectivity and performance for Reckon Accounts Hosted. Reckon One connectivity has been restored.

UPDATE - 9:15pm
Reckon One connectivity issues have been resolved.

The majority of Reckon Accounts Hosted servers are back in operation, however one remains unavailable (RAH-FSS-11). The cause of this issue originates with an external infrastructure partner and our team is working closely with them to resolve this matter as quick as possible.

UPDATE - 7:15am 6 July
If you have files on FSS-11 please do not use them for the moment we are looking into a data issue ASAP and will be turning off that server temporarily.

UPDATE - 8:12am
The remaining issue with RAH-FSS-11 has been resolved and full services are back in operation. Please let us know if you encounter any further access issues.

FINAL UPDATE - 12:10pm
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you a final update regarding the issue which impacted access to Reckon Accounts Hosted and Reckon One on Sunday evening. The cause originated from a widespread issue with our infrastructure vendor Amazon Web Services (AWS) and affected a number of service providers across Australia.

Our IT team worked closely with AWS to ascertain the issue and establish regular updates along with eliminating the risk of any data loss for our users. Reckon One was back online at approximately 7pm and the majority of Accounts Hosted services were back in operation at approximately 7:45pm. A small number of users regained access just after 11pm Sunday night with some further remedial work being completed early this morning to ensure all user files were intact and up to date.

Full access to Reckon One and Reckon Accounts Hosted is available and if you do have any issues please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience during this time and we sincerely apologise for the frustration caused.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,476 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Angela Brown

Angela Brown

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon Hosted connection problems. I.

Unable to connect at all Sunday 5 June 2016.  Is this a known issue? Any ETA on it being fixed?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,672 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Angela,

We're working on this as we speak, sincerely apologise for the frustration. Will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

UPDATE - 5:15pm

Hi everyone, the cause has been identified as external Reckon. Investigations are continuing. Thank you all for your patience.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

UPDATE - 5:30pm

Hi everyone,

The team have identified the cause of the issue as being external to Reckon. We are receiving early reports that connectivity has been restored. Please try logging in and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 13,102 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
Finally got to login, but extremely slow.
And it's not recognising some of my different client folders, saying that the name is invalid.
Sally

It's sitting on the black screen for at least a few minutes before finally logging in...
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know Sally, our vendor is still working on a full resolution at this very moment so we're not quite out of the woods yet. Will keep you updated.

Further to this, I can access some files but not others. Some open ok, whilst others say That the company file you selected could not be found. Then if I go to open or restore to find them that's when I get the Windows Cannot Access error message.
Photo of Robyn Ricket

Robyn Ricket, Accredited Partner

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Similar problem Sal
Photo of Karen Coughlan

Karen Coughlan

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm trying to log in, it tells me to create a new company file or open a current one but then I can't see it to open it.  So frustrating, I have so much work to do :(
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Definitely understand your frustration Karen, sincere apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

We're making progress on this and I'll update the thread shortly.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Sally, Robyn and Karen,

Can I please ask that you log out fully and try again in the next 15 minutes and let me know if successful or not?

Cheers,
Rav
Photo of Robyn Ricket

Hi Rav,

Tried a couple of times, different browsers.  Still shows file not found.  
Only files that I cannot access are on \\RAH-FSS-11.
All other files seem to be accessible currently.

Regards
Robyn
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Robyn, RAH-FSS-11 looks to be the only remaining element outstanding, the team are continuing work with our vendor to resolve this.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Sue Jones

Sue Jones

• 1,468 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is anyone else having trouble logging into Host at the moment 5.6.16?.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into Host at the moment 5.6.16 4pm Sydney time?
Photo of Mario Morello

Mario Morello

• 70 Points
I still can't log in. I'm now getting the black screen
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Mario,

Very sorry to hear you are affected by this issue. Our vendor is still working on a full resolution however in the interim could you please try logging off any active user sessions from your Hosted Control Panel, then logout fully using the logout option and retry?

Let me know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Shane

Shane, Employee

• 7,448 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi All,

I have been able to connect successfully to both Hosted and Reckon One.  If anyone does have difficulty still, try logging off via the control panel > log off remote sessions.

Regards,
Shane.
Photo of Robyn Ricket

Logged off and tried again.
Has told me that it has lost company file
Photo of Sovy

Sovy

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I got the same problem. Cannot access to all the company files.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Very sorry about this Robyn and Sovy,

Our vendor is working on rectifying this at the highest priority. Some services have come back online however there are still underlying connectivity issues which is contributing to the experience you've described.

Please bear with us and thank you for your patience.

Rav
Photo of Robyn Ricket

Thanks Rav
Photo of Ed Bradbury

Ed Bradbury

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was also logged out and cannot access my company file that I was working on
thanks
Ed
Photo of Cath

Cath

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Logged off all users, logged off, logged in - still telling me it can't find file - help!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,268 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Very sorry about this Cath, progress is being made however there are still some connectivity issues which are preventing access.

Our external vendor is continuing work at the highest priority to resolve this matter.

Apologies again for the frustration.

Rav
Photo of Cath

Cath

Hi Rav - I'm quite new to using Reckon and terrified I've lost all the work I've done for my client since March - this is the error I'm getting. I login on different PC's and laptops. Freaking out a bit here!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Totally understandable Cath, this is more related to a connectivity issue so there should be no impact on your data.

Hope to have another update to share shortly.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Cath

Cath

Phew! Thank you :)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hey Cath,

Can I ask that you please log out fully if you haven't already and try again in approximately 15 minutes.

Please let me know how you get on

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Ed Bradbury

Ed Bradbury

I will be relieved to see my data again
Photo of Cath

Cath

I've just logged out of laptop without checking - will have a look in the AM. Thanks for your assistance Rav!

Yes, indeedy Ed - sickening feeling!
Photo of Cath

Cath

Still can't find my file - logging off completely and trying again in the morning... at which point you guys might get a panicky phone call! Very impressed with prompt replies and updates though :)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for trying Cath, there's only one pesky RAH file server which is offline at the moment. Our team is working with our infrastructure vendor to get this sorted with the utmost urgency.

Thanks for bearing with us tonight! :)

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am getting a runtime error
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

UPDATE - 6:30pm
Hi everyone,
The latest update from our vendor is that some systems are continuing to experience connectivity issues. Work is continuing to rectify this at the highest priority.
Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

Hi Rav, any updates?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hey Jeremy,

Can I please ask that you log out fully, then try again in 15 minutes. We've got some work happening in the background at the moment which we're hopeful will resolve this.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

Thanks Rav, seems to working fine now.. Thanks for your feedback and awesome customer service... Love Reckon!!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Awesome to hear Jeremy! Thanks so much for bearing with us and really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Jo Finn

Jo Finn

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I Can't access my company file. It's telling me it can't locate it!! What is going on!!!!????
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jo,
The majority of services are back up however there is still one file server which is unavailable affecting Reckon Accounts Hosted. Unfortunately this is contributing to the issue you're experiencing at the moment. Our external vendor is aware of this and are working on restoring access to this element as fast as possible.

I'm really sorry for the frustration this is causing.

Rav
(Edited)
Photo of Jo Finn

Jo Finn

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So have I lost my data? I'm stressed out of my mind at the moment! After inputting hours of data I was forced out before I could even contemplate a back up! 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I can fully understand that Jo, and I'm really sorry for the stressful experience.

This is more a connectivity issue, so there should be no impact on your data.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

UPDATE - 9:15pm
Hi everyone,

Reckon One connectivity issues have been resolved.

The majority of Reckon Accounts Hosted servers are back in operation, however one remains unavailable (RAH-FSS-11). As mentioned above, the cause of this issue originates with an external infrastructure partner and our team is working closely with them to resolve this matter as quick as possible.

Once again thank you all for your patience and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Photo of Ed Bradbury

Ed Bradbury

Thanks for the update. My data is on RAH-FSS-11 and still has a problem as mentioned. Its a comfort to receive your update and hope it all works out.
I'll stayed tuned. And again its good receive the update.
Photo of Simon Hutchinson

Simon Hutchinson, Employee

• 2,502 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ed,

We believe the access issue to RAH-FSS-11 is now resolved. If you continue to have issues please let us know.

Cheers

Hi all,

We believe that this issue is now fully resolved including RAH-FSS-11. 

Thank you for your patience with this matter this evening, it was appreciated.

If you continue to have issues, please continue to post in this thread that will be monitored.

Thanks
Photo of Ed Bradbury

Ed Bradbury

I am now able to open my company file but the last entry that I can see is 19 May 2016. Have I lost the data since that time or has the wrong file ben loaded?

Thanks I appreciate the time you have put in but I need to know if my most recent data is available
Thanks

Hi Ed we are looking into this as a matter of urgency please do not use your file for the moment. We are looking at getting your data back ASAP. Will keep you posted

Hi Ed this should be ok now. Please let us know if you have further issues. Thanks
Photo of Robyn Ricket

Hi Simon and Rav and IT team,

Thank you for your prompt attention to this. 
Have checked now and both files on RAH-FFS-11 are now accessible.  
Appreciate your time on a Sunday evening.  
Hopefully you and your families are safe on a very wooly day in Sydney.
Thanks again.  

Hi all. If you have files on FSS 11 please do not use them for the moment we are looking into a data issue ASAP and will be turning off that server temporarily. Apologies for inconvenience but we are working on this as a matter of priority

Hi all. We have now resolved fss11.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The remaining file server issue impacting Reckon Accounts Hosted has been resolved. If you have issues logging in or accessing your data please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience

Rav
Photo of Ed Bradbury

Ed Bradbury

Thankyou. The file is accessible and contains my most recent data.
That's great, I appreciate your efforts and support.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Great to hear Ed!

Thanks for being so patient with us and apologies again for all the hassle!

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Carolyn McNamee

Carolyn McNamee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am still unable to log in 11.30 Monday 6 June
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Very sorry to hear that Carolyn, are you unable to see your file or log in to Hosted at all?

If you can log in to the program but not access your file, please access your Hosted Control Panel, log off any active user sessions, log out and then retry.

Thanks,
Rav
Photo of Carolyn McNamee

Carolyn McNamee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
After trying to log on for about half an hour I was becoming frustrated but then out of the blue, just 6 mins later I was successful. Thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Great to hear it's working and thanks so much for letting us know.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you a final update regarding the issue which impacted access to Reckon Accounts Hosted and Reckon One on Sunday evening. The cause originated from a widespread issue with our infrastructure vendor Amazon Web Services (AWS) and affected a number of service providers across Australia.

Our IT team worked closely with AWS to ascertain the issue and establish regular updates along with eliminating the risk of any data loss for our users. Reckon One was back online at approximately 7pm and the majority of Accounts Hosted services were back in operation at approximately 7:45pm. A small number of users regained access just after 11pm Sunday night with some further remedial work being completed early this morning to ensure all user files were intact and up to date.

Full access to Reckon One and Reckon Accounts Hosted is available and if you do have any issues please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience during this time and we sincerely apologise for the frustration caused.

Rav
Photo of Dick Edwards

Dick Edwards, Accredited Partner

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
AWS's web site explains that the 'outage' was caused by the wild storm Sydney experienced at the time. No mention of any back up systems in use!
Photo of Cath

Cath

Massive kudos on the courteous, prompt and understanding manner in which Reckon has dealt with concerns, and on the helpful updates (and reassuring) along the way - thank you!
Photo of Ed Bradbury

Ed Bradbury

I agree. It gives great confidence in Reckon Hosted and the personal communications were very comforting at a time when lack of information would have caused a lot of distress.
Thanks and keep up the good work.