We pay fortnightly and it comes up as a weeks pay dates.
It sounds like the pay periods haven't been kept in check during the Payroll process each fortnight.
Generate & modify a report to check this:
- Go to "Find ..." (Under Edit - along top toolbar)
- On the "Advanced" tab ....
Select Transaction type in the Filters list & choose "Paycheque" as well as Detail Level, "Summary Only" (Can choose a Date range too if necessary)
- Click on "Find", then "Report"
- Click on "Modify Report" (top LHS)
- On the "Display"
Select/deselect (tick/untick) relevant columns:
- Scroll down the list & select "Date From & "Date To"
- You can also select “Gross Payments” to display both the net & gross columns
- Deselect “Account”, “Clr”, Split” & “Balance” (You can also just “Close” these columns in the report itself, by left-clicking & dragging across each column from the diamond separator between each heading)
Under “Total by” select “Two week” in the dropdown & “Sort in” Ascending order”. Click on “OK”
- You can move the columns around by hovering over each heading - until you see the hand symbol - then left-click & dragging the column across the page to insert elsewhere as indicated by the red insertion arrow
- Check that everyone’s Pay in each grouping has the correct & same pay period (Date From & Date To)
- Any that are incorrect can be amended by drilling down into the pay, clicking on “Paycheque Detail” & correcting the Pay Period dates. Don’t forget to “OK” then “Save & Close” out of each one you change, to retain
- In the report, click on “Modify Report”
- On the “Header/Footer” tab, edit/update the “Report Title” text to a name of your choosing then click on “OK”
- Click on “Memorise” to “save” this report (including all your modifications/formatting) to your “Memorised Reports List”
You can choose to create “Groups” of memorised reports under specific headings with the option to generate all/some reports all in one go