State Payroll Tax Rate change

Leanne_6835203
Leanne_6835203 Member Posts: 35
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

A business in regional Victoria is eligible for a reduced rate of 3.65% for State Payroll Tax.  How do I change the settings in Reckon Accounts Business ?

Comments

• Leanne_6835203
    edited July 2017
    Hi Kevin,

We have set Reckon up to calculate the state payroll tax that is payable by this company monthly to help the onsite bookkeeper.  Then I review at end of year.

Cheers
    Leanne
  • Leanne_6835203
    edited July 2017
    Bugger :(   I thought this would be the case.  Just when I finally get the process flowing nicely there's a spanner thrown in the works :( 

Thanks for your replies Kevin :)

• Leanne Dew_6895437
    Leanne Dew_6895437 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2017
    Ive just read they have an issue with SA and VIc not calculating the new % and they suggested a work around by exporting to excel and adjusting the % yourself. As for me, my state tax reports are a complete mess with NSW employees added into Qld items and vise versa. My entries are correct so how on earth can this happen. Ive read about unlocking a pay and saving but this just crashes the file. hours upon hours wasting time doing it manually.  
  • Leanne Dew_6895437
    edited July 2017
    That is correct Kevin, assign each employee to the relevant state payroll tax, simple. Run a state payroll tax report, not so simple when your Qld employee payroll items: wages, bonuses, super etc turn up, for no reason, partly in NSW and partly in amongst the Qld report. And vice versa. This is just not good enough. There is obviously a glitch of some type, not too mention the extra thousands of dollars out of pocket if not picked up. On saying this, the report doesn't even calculate totals for working in multiple states, it clearly only works out the percentage in each state which is far different from the harmonisation rule of % of multiple states worked in. Do you think Reckon will get this right eventually? Or is that something beyond this accounting software? Love to hear your view, cheers Leanne.
  • Leanne Dew_6895437
    edited July 2017
    Oh dear Kevin,, you havent understood one word I've been saying. My Employee (Kevin) lives and works in state of QLD, has QLD state payroll tax on his 'card' everything Qld (not one mention to reckon about him every being associated with nsw) Reckon report is showing Kevin's wages in NSW. You can't defend that!