Statement - that is an open item or transaction statatement

Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd Member Posts: 46
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hello,

I am running Reckon Accounts 2014. 

I would like to be able to send my customers a statement that has their transactions listed, as you would on a open invoice or transaction type statement.

However all invoices that are overdue will only come up as part of a 'Balance Forward'

We use account terms and we would like to continue using account terms as we do need to know and have our customers know when their invoices are over due. 

Is there a way to just show open invoices on the statement, regardless of their aging rather than just have a balance forward amount?

I have been sending customers screen shots of their account, however this is not an ideal way to use my time or provide information to customers. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

Regards
Jayne

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2019
    There are several options on your statement. 
    You can select 'Show Tax Invoice Items' when creating the statement.
    See if this helps
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Yes it is possible musr have Pro or Premiere The option is below the date on create statements
  • Jacqui Allen
    edited January 2017
    This is one of the first things I implement with a new client, one less delay tactic customers use!
  • DebonAir
    edited January 2017
    If you don't have the option to select, as below, All Open Transactions, then you probably cannot do this in your version.
    For business purposes you should always run a professional program, you will always use the options it has sooner or later.

• Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for your input. Pretty sure Reckon Accounts which is designed specifically for business is a professional program :)

• Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, it's a pity that such a basic function just isn't available in all models. To me this is just basic and good accounting and customer service. only having a 'Balance forward' option for any that is not current is a completely unless function in my opinion. I guess screen shots to customers it is!

Thank you so much for answering my query. I really appreciate it :)

Have a fantastic day! 
  • Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
    edited January 2017
    Hi Andrew, 

No I don't which is why I thought there must be a setting that I kept missing in company or preferences. We have Accounts Plus 2014.

I believe the system actually needs to be updated, but I've only just taken over the admin of this business so it's on my list of things to look at once the books are back up to date, which means sending a trillion statements or screen shots to customers for overdue payments. 
  • DebonAir
    edited January 2017
    I don't see why you would need to send screen shots. You can send reports or email the invoices, or resend the original emails with invoices.
    A statement of any kind is sufficient.
  • Rhodes Biloela Pty Ltd
    edited January 2017
    Thank you for your point of view DebonAir. I know from your previous comments that you don't see why I would want an open item statement. 

Sending 20+ emails to a customer is not an efficient method and is terrible customer service. 

Have a nice day.
  • DebonAir
    edited January 2017
    I didn't say that at all. I often always send open item statements, I sometimes even use other statement options like detailing invoice items etc. 
    Not everyone does bookkeeping by the same methods, however some are better than others. 
    Good luck with it all.

• Jacqui Allen
    edited January 2017
    Try this right click on the customer and select "open balance" at the bottom. You can email this directly, I suggest you copy the customer email address before you select the email option and paste when prompted. . . . . . .
    NB there are 2 columns the first is the amount outstanding the second is the original invoice amount they will differ if there have been payments/credits applied as indicated below.  image

Cheers
    Jacqui

• Jacqui Allen
    edited January 2017
    Also if I have to send more than one invoice, I generally select file save as pdf "customer Inv #.pdf" whilst I am viewing the invoice. Then attach all to one email.
  • Sonia Connon
    Sonia Connon Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2019
    Select the option all open transactions at statement date when producing your statements and all outstanding invoices will show.