Step up error from POS/Accounting 2002

Sadie
Sadie Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to step up to Reckon Accounts Premier 2017/Accounts Plus from a 2002 file and when I try to convert/step up the file using 2004-05 it won’t do the second part of the check and conversion in the file. I expected to go from 2002 to 2004/05 then to 2007-08 but I can’t get passed the 2004-05 step up. I have tried going to a higher version first and step up from there but that won’t work either. I suspect the file is corrupted and I don’t know how else to recover the data. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Sadie - you should be able to go from 2002 straight to 07-08?  have you tried that?
  • Sadie
    edited July 2017
    I actually finally got through to Reckon (after what they said was going to be 12 minutes but was actually was 55 minutes) and they suggested going to 2003 then 04 then 07/08 then to 2017 so I'm going to give that a try now. I'm downloading the versions now so I will let you know how I go. I think the file might be corrupted. Thanks, Linda.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    fair enough - but perhaps it can be fixed in 2002 first?  good luck!
  • Sadie
    edited July 2017
    It works fine in 2002, but when my client tries to remove info she gets errors but I'm not sure what they are. I have downloaded the QB which I hope will incorporate the QB Accounts premier & POS file as one rather than having to involve the POS program separately. I have been doing step-ups for years and have never had any of these issues. Fingers crossed it's all going to work.