Steve Ryan

Stephen Ryan
Stephen Ryan Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have been using Quickbooks for several years but with an old version but my accountant has been happy enough with the information provided. I decided I would like to upgrade so I installed Reckon Accounts Trial pack. my existing company file could not be opened by the new version because it is not compatable but I do not want to loose many years of information. I am using version 8.1 for windows and it is stil functioning fine but I would like to upgrade but won't if I can't migrate my existing company file.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Steve, what is the current version of the QB you are currently using? 
  • Stephen Ryan
    Stephen Ryan Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    Version 8.1 for windows
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Sorry about that, I got confused with Windows 8.1. You'll be able to upgrade the file going step by step as per the upgrade guide >> (see from page ~50). You would need to get at least plus from the current range. You may wish to contact a partner like Kevin who can assist with upgrading files and getting the new version set up, if you would like a hassle free experience. Other partners can be found here >>

Should you wish to go the DIY route, the guide above and the files on the disk are all you need. Note: remember to make back ups if going the DIY path!
  • Mark Thomas_7335944
    Mark Thomas_7335944 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019

I have the same issue except with Quicken V7 wanting to operate on Windows 7, I am prepared to pay for a newer version of quicken/ Reckon to install on the new computer but my main objective is to keep my records for the last 15 or so years to run reports on the new version,  I have been told to run the windows 7 in an XP virtual mode to run Quicken 7 but I am not sure how much longer that will be available and also not too trusting of Reckon if this is what they have done to Quicken users , literally left us to bleed!

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Mark,

It is unfortunately a normal progression that as Microsoft and Apple update their operating systems that we too must update our software and hardware in some cases too as they become incompatible.

I believe that it is only fair of Reckon and other companies to only have support for newer operating systems, otherwise there are too many variables.

It is also not reasonable to expect that software over 10 years old would work perfectly on a newer system as this system has only just been invented and thus not possible to predict what is happening now, 10 years ago.

It is great that you wish to upgrade to the newer version and keep your data.

As Mirko mentioned previously you can look at contacting a local Accredited Partner to help you http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx

Or you can contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)