Stop Automatic Entering of Downloaded Transactions

Options
Malcolm Powers
Malcolm Powers Member Posts: 7
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
This has been a problem since Quicken Home & Business 2007, 2009, and still in 2015!! As QIF files are the standard method to download and import transactions from a bank, why does the import behaviour differ depending on which type of account is receiving the transactions? When you import into a Savings or Credit Card account it works as expected, each downloaded transaction can be matched or entered new via the 'Downloaded Transactions' panel at the bottom of the page. BUT... when you perform the same actions to import transactions into a Liability account i.e. a home loan or line of credit, the software automatically enters every transaction without any opportunity to check any of them!! This is an absolute pain as existing transfers between other accounts get duplicated and it creates a reconciling and categorising nightmare. I'm surprised this is not fixed in 2015.

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi Malcolm,

I can confirm that this is what happens for me too when importing into a liability account.  However there is no way to change it, that's simply how the software is.  You can suggest this be changed in future releases by clicking Help > Submit Feed back on Reckon Accounts.  That will go to the development team.  That's as much as you can do for now until the development team changes that in a future release.  The best way to see that happen is to submit the feedback.  The more users who submit that feedback the better the chances are that this will be changed in the future.

Regards,

Shane.

• Malcolm Powers
    Malcolm Powers Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks Shane, I will definitly submit the feedback as you suggest, and I would appreciate anyone else that experiences the software automatically entering downloaded transactions for a liability account to submit the feedback too. It's not right that Reckon continues to release software that doesn't do what it's instructions says it will do. It reduces confidence in their testing and in the software itself, and why does the user have to pay for a new version of software only to have bugs fixed in older versions? New releases are about new features not fixed old ones.
  • glostrg
    glostrg Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have the same problem and can't get a straight answer