Stop Credit flag for customers in Reckon

Peter Tisdall
Peter Tisdall Member Posts: 21
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
How do i lock a customer profile/account so no further invoice can take place.  i.e.  "Stop Credit".
Is there a flag i can trigger in Reckon so this is visible and enforceable. ?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Peter.  As you have probably found, whilst you can nominate a credit limit, which will produce a warning if the limit is going to be exceeded, there does not seem to be anything to stop that being overridden.  I can give you a couple of other suggestions:
    1.  Make the customer inactive.  Then nobody can readily find the customer
    2.  Change the address to something like *****NO FURTHER CREDIT****.  Put that on a couple lines of the address field and then that ought to make your wishes stand out.

John L G
  • Peter Tisdall
    Peter Tisdall Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2020
    Shame or is again a matter of butchering the system to pretend we have an STOP Credit flag. Shame. Reckon team are you listening ?
  • John Graetz
    edited August 2020
    Hi Peter.  For once I might be defending Reckon.  The option for a Credit Limit is only to provide a warning as per help.  It does not purport to place a STOP on future orders.  Obviously that is something that you want, and perhaps others/many others as well. Perhaps, as you hope, Reckon might see this post and consider it for a future update.  Ideally this is something that you should specifically put in a formal request to them.  Unfortunately my experience over MANY years, in putting forward requests and suggestions is a very negative one as NOT ONCE have I ever received a response from them.  I just don't know if they ever reach their destination or people at the other end has so little people skills that they determine never to respond to anybody.  One of these days, perhaps the culture will change.

In this particular instance of yours, many people putting forward the same request could bring about a change.  We can only live in hope.  John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    I very clearly see your point Andrew and share your frustration.  Your link is a classic example of what you are saying.  Before this community forum existed, the only option was to write or email direct.  For all of the things that I have submitted that way over years, the response has been total silence.  I have been a user since Quicken DOS version 2, back in 1991 and then QuickBooks DOS version 1 when it arrived.  I guess that you could say that by now it is well and truly in my blood but that doesn't overcome my frustration with the pathetic lack of acknowledgement or response!
    At least with the community forum there is some staff input, but as you say, who actually knows whether any action is ever taken.  John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Peter,

We're definitely listening! :)

I've switched this post to the "Idea" category as I can definitely recognise that this would be a very handy bit of functionality. 

It's not something that is currently available in the sense that you've raised, however I'm more than happy to feed this back to our Development team for consideration.

Cheers,

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Nice one Andrew.  A totally reasonable question.  I will await the response with great interest, but will not be holding my breath - well not yet anyhow :)  John L G
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    After 20 years I have jumped ship to Quickbooks online, I didn't want to use an online platform, but the reasons are simple, Intuit add, improve and have a public feature request system that is based on demand. Cross Product integration is simple and Reckons track record in regards to development and software support simply doesn't cut it.
  • Kim Chapman_7818258
    Kim Chapman_7818258 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2016

Hi Andrew, Tim and John

I have had many bugs, features acknowledged and even implemented with Reckon.  Some of these were my own and some are a request of my clients.  It is a bit harder with Accounts than Reckon One, as it is a totally different product, so in fact from my experience I have found they do listen. 

But I must say with Reckon One I regularly see my issues answered and fixed (sometimes very quickly), Reckon One is the equivalent of QBO ie. they are both Cloud Products, thus have a different structure to Reckon Accounts which is a Hosted Product and effectively the same as the Desktop version.

As a tip, if you consult with your local Accredited Partner, they may be able to push for your issue, but you must realise that these are prioritised.  Another way of looking at it is was your issue important on a whole.  Perhaps there are more in demand issues being worked on that you are not aware of.

Best of luck, I hope you are able to find a work around with your issues.

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Best of luck, I hope you are able to find a work around with your issues.
    Yep sounds like the Reckon way.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Back to the forum question...  Credit Limit.

Peter:

Visible, yes,  enforceable .... manually....

What can be done,  is to add the "Customer Credit Limit" as a data field onto

-  Estimates
    -  Invoices

This still leaves the situation of any outstanding balance of A/R  due from a delinquent paying customer.
    ie:  The 'next' estimate (quote) or invoice may be less than the limit in isolation,   but their overall outstanding balance PLUS the new estimate or invoice could exceed that.  And in that situation you'd be seeking a chat before offering the quote.  However, if the horse has bolted and you've performed the services/sold the product and now entering an additional invoice....  well, the business problem is being addressed too late.   So consider the next tip....

To give that aspect some visibility,  is to regularly run a report called:
    - Customer Contact List  (but modify to add: Credit Limit), and sort it descending on credit limit.

(this let's you very quickly see / compare the BALANCE versus the LIMIT.)

Cheers   (tested/used on RA desktop 2015)

Gary Pope
    m: 0408994799 
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-ac...
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
    independent IT Professional and retired FCPA Accountant"