STP

Options
Brad Rodgers_10080342
Brad Rodgers_10080342 Member Posts: 12
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Payroll data not flowing from Reckon through to the STP lodgement module?
I have tried this several times and followed all the steps on the STP help pages. When I select a pay run and hit lodge it opens a window to save the file in the "q" drive which works fine. At the same time a new window pops open to log into the STP module which I get into fine with the 2 step code thing. Once in there however there is no data file visible and seemingly no way to locate it? Help !

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi Brad - do you see an Upload button once your are logged in to the Reckon Gov Connect portal?  You should see this if your setup has been completed correctly - then after clicking Upload - you can go to your Q drive and select the .json file?
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yes I did try that but keeps coming up with "Invalid Coy info/ABN/ect.
    I've checked my company info and it all seems the same with what little data is in Reckon STP module? Any clues?

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2020
    Options
    OK - so you need to go into the STP module - go to Company & Advisor Info - click the pencil next to your company name... Highlight the name and copy what is there... then go back to Hosted - and paste this same info into the Legal Name field of your Company Information screen in Hosted...  Now  go through the Lodge STP process again - create a new file for the payday...  try uploading it again.
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thx Linda, tried that but still no chocolates!
    I note the address field is blank in the STP module and it doesn't seem to allow you to edit it?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Brad,
    The address field will populate with your first successful pay event upload.
    When you come across the 'Invalid Company Information' error, the big thing to check is ensuring the company information in your Hosted file matches EXACTLY to what is displayed in GovConnect as Linda has mentioned. This includes case sensitivity, special characters, branch numbers etc.

There's some more info in our Knowledgebase article here -
    “Invalid Company Information error” in Govconnect STP when submitting pays from Reckon Accounts

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Ok I have tried again but noticed the Software ID's are different? Should they be the same? If so how do I update them to match?
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Everything else exactly matches ?? grrrrrr. Help!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hey Brad,
    The Software ID that you need to register for STP is the one located in the Company & Adviser section of your STP entity.
    I'll add a couple of links below which explain this but in saying that, the invalid company information error isn't related to the software ID, its more about the legal information between the accounting software (Accounts Hosted) and the STP entity in the GovConnect service. It could be something really small like a full stop in "Ltd." for example or upper case/lower case business name.

Where is my Software ID for GovConnect Single Touch Payroll (STP)?

Single Touch Payroll - AUSkey and Software ID FAQ's

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Brad - did you copy and paste from one to the other? They may look like they match but there could be a space there you cant see?  If you copy and paste, save, then recreate the .json file - then upload again?  
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Linda/Rav, I have re tried everything again. I cannot copy and paste the legal entity name from one module to the other. I even tried using the same browser as STP pops up in IE automatically on my system.
    I used a different pay run too. Same error message.......Help!
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My legal entity is just my full name which has a , in between the surname and the first and middle name. There is a space between the first and middle name so have replicated that, still no love.
    I've checked on ATO access manager site and I have got Reckon listed with their ABN of 14 003 348 730 which says active after it. Any other clues?
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Quick help please Rav AS i WANT TO TAKE THIS INFO DOWN
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Brad,
    I've removed the screenshots.

Can you please edit the legal name in Reckon Accounts Hosted to remove the comma (,) and then export your pay event file again (it must be a NEW export) and submit it through GovConnect. Let me know if you receive the same error message.

• Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi Rav,
    I have done that with the same error unfortunately. I even tried removing the (,) in the STP company info too with the same error?
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    You need a space in the legal name between the comma and BRADLEY so:

RODGERS, BRADLEY CHARLES
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Well done Robyn!  this should fix it!
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks T
  • Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks Robyn however it didn't fix it. For an expensive service it sure isn't easy to use ! Help Reckon Help !?
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 474 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2019
    Options
    You need to make sure it is exactly the same in the Reckon Software Company > Company Information > Legal Name field and ALSO in the Reckon GovConnect Tile.
    Do you change both areas?  To be exactly the same?  In capitals for both?

• Brad Rodgers_10080342
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yes Robyn, been at this for 2 days now. Exactly the same on both. Tried everything.
  • Linda ABC
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hey Brad - sounds like you need someone (Robyn or myself) to teamviewer into your system and take a look at what is happening... I understand your frustration... but once this hurdle is overcome - the ongoing processes should be simple...   email me linda@abcomputing.com.au or Robyn, robyn@robynkelly.com.au  and arrange a teamviewer hookup if you want our help.  Cheers Linda