STP and FBT gross up amounts

Alanna
Alanna Member Posts: 31
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I work for a not for profit and we access salary packaging and meal entertainment benefits. In the past we have manually adjusted the FBT amount to reflect the gross up amount for each employee. Does anyone know how to do this with STP or if I need to do this? Or does the ATO gross it up from our STP report? Please help. Thank you

Comments

• Alanna
    edited May 2020
    Anyone able to help with this please. I can't find any information anywhere. Thanks
  • Lisa Mason Bretnall
    Lisa Mason Bretnall Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2019
    I'm having a similar the same problem..  

value = "Employee FBT", item type = String, uniqueID = http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevntemp:TypeC) Hint: The Enumeration constraint

failed
    Can any one help urgently please???

• Kylie McGrory
    Kylie McGrory Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2020
    I am having the same issue. Any answers?

• Alanna
    edited July 2019
    I've rang both the ATO and Reckon and no-one is able to help me, so frustrating! Kylie what we used to do before STP is manually gross up the amount so it would show the grossed up amount on the payment summaries, is that what you used to do?

So, we are going to do the same this year and hope for the best. I'll probably do a trial one today so I'll let you know how it goes. 

Bit hard to do it correctly when no-one can help.

• Kylie McGrory
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Alanna. Yes, that’s what we used to do so I can continue to gross up manually. When I look at the “ not tax ready” tax records of my staff it’s already showing the non grossed up FB amount, and it can’t be edited. Not sure how a manual payment summary will affect this. Very frustrating!
  • Leshelle
    Leshelle Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2020
    Hi Alanna
    I use reckon desktop and they have a workaround for getting the FBT reportable amount in there. You need to open a paycheque from prior to 31st March in the relevant FBT year, and enter the amount in there. Then in a subsequent pay event, STP will pick up the figure from YTD amounts. If youve got no more STP pay events to lodge for those employees, then I dont know how STP picks it up, unless you run an Update event.
    Ive got a question in this group, currently waiting on the answer to the same issue.
    Leshelle
  • Alanna
    edited July 2019
    We go into Set up YTD Amount in the employee centre, enter in the fbt dates and enter in the grossed up amount, we set it up so as not to affect accounts but show correctly on payment summary. I am hoping it will work for us.

• Kylie McGrory
    edited July 2019
    OK. I reckon that will work. I worked out the difference between the net amount and the grossed up amount and entered that as a YTD balance. It populated the payment summary with the grossed up amount and, if I am correct, should update on STP if I do an update event for each employee. 
  • Alanna
    edited July 2019
    Good one, Yes I forgot we'd need to do an update event for each person. Goodness me this is complicated first time around.
  • Kylie McGrory
    edited July 2019
    It worked! I did the YTD balance for the difference, generated the payment summaries to check the grossed up amounts were correct, which they were, created the year finalisation file in STP and uploaded to Gov Connect, and then  deleted the YTD amounts to restore my account balances. My employees have checked their MyGov income statements and all are correct... and now tax ready.  Lets hope the problem is corrected for next year end though as its a huge muck around!

• Alanna
    edited July 2019
    Hooray, well done!! I will do the same thing and cross my fingers and toes :) Thanks for your comments
  • Rita Agenbag
    Rita Agenbag Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Alanna & Kylie,
    I start a job last year (NFP) where they use Reckon, so fairly new with the system.  I noted that our system does not even pick up the net for the FBT so think there is something missing in our setup and want to fix this before next year end.
    Would appreciate any pointers you can give me of your setup?

I have the problem now of no FBT showing, the YTD totals can work but don't know if I can delete the adjustment after.  I may have to try Leshelle's suggestion below for this year.

Rita

• Leshelle
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rita
    If setup is correct, Reckon Payment Summaries should show the adjusted gross amount in the Gross Wages (so reduced by the amount of the Salary package deductions), and the Reportable FBT amount (grossed up values), if youve manually entered that prior to a 31st March 2019 pay cheque.
    Hope this helps
    Leshelle
  • Alanna
    edited July 2019
    Think Leshelle knows more than me. We are using Reckon Hosted and I have never been able to get grossed up amounts into the payment summaries without doing a manual YTD entry. It will put in the non-grossed up amount if you change the setup to show up on your payment summary if you go to Tax Tracking in setup and select FBT. I have to manually adjust it to get Gross payments in so Leshelle might be able to shed some light on how to get it to calculate the gross amounts. 
  • Leshelle
    edited July 2019
    Hi there
    I'll leave a link here to a thread from Reckon Knowledge Browser. This is where I found the method to enter FBT grossed up values for employees who are salary packaging in a NFP entity. Scroll down to John's solution where two additional payroll items are set up . A deduction and an addition which cancel each other out, and so can be used to go back in to an existing paycheck (must be one prior to 31 march). I use this method rather than YTD adjustments. And it works fine, getting the grossed up amt onto the payment Summary and income statement via STP. In John's post he explains how to set up the new items.. hope this helps.

Edit: by the way, this workaround is for Reckon Accounts Desktop

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/t...
  • Alanna
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Leshelle, so helpful, I'll check it out to see if will work with Hosted. I seriously don't know how I'd manage without this community :)