STP App. Can you alter the YTD figures on the Employee's Pay Summary? Can you delete a draft Pay Run?

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
I made an error in the STP Reckon mobile app. When you first go in it asks if you have made a payment from 1/7/19. I thought as I was about to make a payment that I should say yes. This was wrong of me. The YTD figure now includes this pay twice. Is there a way of adjusting the income / super / tax paid for the YTD? Would a solution be to not enter next fn's pay into the STP app? I tried to create an adjustment to the employees salary but all this has done has created draft Pay Runs which I can't delete!
Photo of Glen Levingston

Glen Levingston

• 108 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Glen,
Yes you can create an adjustment, when you are in the pay run screen select the blue + icon and select 'New Adjustment' rather than new pay run.

Draft pay events can't be deleted just yet but will be coming to the app in a future update.
Photo of Penny Scott

Penny Scott

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi
I have also made this same mistake as Glen, I have done one pay run through STP mobile app to ATO  which shows successful,but I added the employee details first and now it has come up as two pays for the same date in the Year to date summary. Can  you explain again how to change it step by step and does that affect the successful  pay run I sent have already to ATO?
Thanks
Penny
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,244 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Penny,
If the reported figures you've sent through are incorrect for an employee you can amend this by sending through an adjustment. Follow the steps in my reply above to create a new adjustment in the app itself to send.
You can create a negative adjustment if you've over reported figures and need to correct or send a positive balance adjustment for under-reported figures.
Photo of Tracy

Tracy

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav  I am having the same problem as others. I have done 1 pay run only. The pay info I reported to ATO is correct but the info in employees payroll summary is double what it should be. Therefore if I do an adjustment it will make my correct payrun incorrect. What should I do? Thanks Tracy
Photo of Jaruvan Byron

Jaruvan Byron

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I made the same error. I'm waiting for some answers thanks. Ja
Photo of Simp-son Andrea

Simp-son Andrea

• 168 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i too have made this mistake, does this mean i can adjust my newly added YTD totals with a negative amount in the adjustment area to send all my staff YTD figures back to zero then run a new pay run?  do both adjustment and new pay run need to be reported to ATO As i cant a find any other way to correct my error.???
(Edited)
Photo of Stephen Day

Stephen Day

• 72 Points
Yesterday I set up the Reckon app for STP.

It seems to have calculated the pay run 3 times for each employee and as such each employee's summary is 3 times what it should be.

How do I fix this now?

Photo of Alli Hopkins

Alli Hopkins

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You can create an adjustment, when you are in the pay run screen. select the blue + icon and select 'New Adjustment' rather than new pay run. Put in the two times amount you need to delete as a negative (eg -600) and submit.  This fixed mine up.
Photo of Brad Marler

Brad Marler

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Alli, 
I have a similar problem to Stephen. However, the app does not allow me to enter a negative. Any suggestions?
thanks Brad
Photo of Penny Scott

Penny Scott

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Alli,
I started to do this then got nervous when it said declaration .Wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing. Does the declaration just go through to the MY GOV site ?I didn't want to mess up what I had sent to ATO as they have the correct amount.
Thanks
regards Penny
Photo of Linda Indrisie

Linda Indrisie

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Brad did you figure out how to do a negative adjustment?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,932 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brad & Linda,
The app will only allow you to enter a negative adjustment if there have been submissions made already ie. so that there is a balance for it to adjust.
If you haven't submitted anything as yet it won't allow this. If you need to make an adjustment for the previous financial year, ensure you select 30 June 2019 as your adjustment date.
Photo of Linda Indrisie

Linda Indrisie

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
HI Rav, there have been submissions made already. I need to adjust for a doubled up pay on 12 June 2019. I have put the adjustment date as 30 June 2019. It doens't allow a negative.
Photo of Brad Marler

Brad Marler

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Linda, no, so far unsuccessful. I have made two payments in the financial year, 7 July and 12 July. The app has doubled the payment for the 7th. I date the adjustment 7 July but the negative symbol is ghosted out.

Rav, from your post above it should work but so far, no go.

I have uploaded a *.json file (created from reckon accounts) through https://portal.reckon.com. Called the ATO, their records are showing the correct YTD income for the employees but the app still has incorrect figure. 
Photo of Stephen Day

Stephen Day

• 72 Points
It worked, thanks for your help.

Photo of renee

renee

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Glen I have done the exact same as you, there is no information explaining how to do this when you initially set up which is very annoying. I’m wondering because I haven’t submitted anything to the ATO can I just create another account and enter everybody’s details in again but leave the YTD blank.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Renee, you shouldn't be able to fix this problem by creating another account, as the App locks your ABN to your first account.  I have been locked out for other reasons (still waiting on a promised fix) but made the same YtD error and have to make the adjustment when I get in.  The adjustment method described above by Alli seems to work where other people have had this problem.
(Edited)
Photo of renee

renee

Hi Darren, thanks for your message, I actually have just made another account using the same ABN, only changed the email address. I haven’t gone to enter anything in yet but it seems to be okay?
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
That's surprising.  I guess if you've got that far, there's no reason not to keep going.  Had you registered the previous account with the ATO?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,752 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No, this is likely due to me deleting the ABN from the app just before from Renee's other thread here.
(Edited)
Photo of renee

renee

Thank you so much Rav. Another account was also set up rjshoobridge@gmail.com ABN 2960 269 5429 As I couldn’t get the first one to work & I really needed to issue STP to the ATO by today as I’m going away. Could you also delete this one so I can start fresh again. It has nothing entered on it at all
Photo of Kien Fei Chan

Kien Fei Chan

• 60 Points
Hi, 
Has anyone worked this out? I made the mistake when I first setup the employee and enter a YTD amount thinking that was a proper payment run. So now that I have done a proper run, the pay summary now shows doubled what I submitted. I read I can do a negative adjustment but this would send to ATO? I don't want it to send any payment run to ATO. I just want to fix up my initial YTD to zero so that I have a correct YTD amount.  Any ideas?
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

• 1,782 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
A negative adjustment would fix YTD figures. An adjustment is not a pay run.
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So eveytime i opened the app it constantly asked if i had paid an employee after july 1st. I said yes everytime. Everything was working well untill today when i went to make a pay run it finally asked me to fill in some YTDs i did now it shows i have paid twice the amount. Never submitted anything to the ato yet with the incorrect figures. Can the adjustment everyone is talking about be made on the app as described above?
Photo of Peter Christie

Peter Christie

• 70 Points
Dear Rav,

My YTD figure is incorrect also & I can't fathom it regarding my pay run figures. My Pay runs on the ATO portal are all correctly received & there are no YTD figures mentioned on the portal that I can see, but the YTD figures on the STP mobile APP baffle me.
It's confusing to me the way it describes what  $ amounts the YTD figure includes.
The 2019-20 YTD figure should only include moneys paid (pay runs) from 1/7/19 up to 30/6/20.
How can I correct the YTD figures without affecting the Pay Run figures which are correct ? 

(Hi Joseph Li above, An adjustment to me is not a pay run but a repair to an error & to me it is a reduction or increase to an employee's pay. The Pay run date is asked for when you start the adjustment I think. Therefore the way I see it is that the employee's income is less or more than they actually received or were paid from the business account, but this is only my understanding )

Cheers, Peter Christie