STP app ytd totals

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago

I started using the STP app on 20th June 2019 and did a YTD totals and 2 x pay runs before June 30 but did not see the check box for last payment for the EOFY. My emplyees noticed the YTD totals for 2019-20 amount on their myGov included last years total, so I did an Adjustment to the payrun dated 27th June and only checked the box named last payment for EOFY but now my myGov shows a zero balance for last year and the total from last year are still in YTD this year. How do I fix it?

I contacted ATO and they suggested doing paper Payment Summaries for last fin year and to contact the software people and Reckon referred me here. I see many problems here and some about YTD errors but no solutions on how to fix it.

Photo of ILB

ILB

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Linda McRobert

Linda McRobert

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
There are problems everywhere with Reckon and absolutely NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT to talk of.  I wish I had never used it.  People who create these programs should work them before the make them public there are more dis-satisfied customers that I have seen on any other site.
Photo of Steven Polley

Steven Polley

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The Ato should have done better checks before recommending sites. When I raised concerns with the Ato about some of the sites they had recommended and the information we have to supply which could result in identity theft if these sites weren't secure etc I was assured the Ato do thorough checks before approving anyone. So much for those checks. no customer support. An app that doesn't work and a nightmare for many small businesses. I also have similar problems with my YTD carrying over from last financial year and no way of fixing it. #calls to the Ato ! call to the reckon call centre, 4 calls to the minister for small business Miss cash's office and still no one will accept responsibility and fix the problem.
Photo of Linda McRobert

Linda McRobert

I agree and when you enter the site it says clearly it is not secure.  I would much rather just email ATO weekly pays into their portal (if that's an option - if not it should be as they check what everyone lodges anyway)

not only do you not get CUSTOMER SUPPORT but no help from other cause no one really understand what they have created so they don't know how to fix
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

• 1,982 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The Reckon STP App is a simple program. I started using it in June 2019 for the 2018-19 financial year. After submitting a pay run I would check the Business Portal to see whether the pay run has been processed. The App rolls over without hiccup into the current financial year.
Photo of Steven Polley

Steven Polley

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If everything works so smoothly why are there so many complaints on here. My staff had there MyGov accounts marked tax ready after the end of the financial year so obviously I had done the year end correctly. the carry over for YTD figures for the employees is a common problem with the app you only need look at all the comments on here. I tried doing adjustments as recommended on here yesterday only to have one work and the other declined by ato with error. then I tried to enter next pay run only to have that also decline. the lack of support from Reckon will ensure that I never deal with them or recommend them to anyone
Photo of Linda McRobert

Linda McRobert

Joseph Li - if the App is so simple are you able to help?  I have only just started this July.  I entered the first 2 weeks for the two employees - no issue.  Then the third week it all came back as error or draft, however the employees have had two weeks doubled up.  I cant delete Drafts or Errors to do it over, I can adjust as I cant see which weeks have been doubled.  I rang the ATO who can see but cant help.
With so so many complaints in the Reckon Forum why cant we get some customer service - help - assistance from any part of the Reckon Company. 
ANY help you can give would be greatly appreciated
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Benn

Chris Benn

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I too have had problems with the FYE summary; only 1 of my 3 employees are tax-ready. I submitted their details together at end June in the one transaction and got a successfully processed tick from the STP app. I have resubmitted twice to no avail and after calls to Reckon & ATO there is no solution it seems so back to the paper PAYG summary. The pay runs are easy to use and work so I guess that is something! I believe Reckon have a responsibility to help their clients but they are not bothering a it is a free app. It puts me off buying any of their products ever again!
Photo of Linda McRobert

Linda McRobert

Ok kinda new to this STP - can you just email the PAYG direct to ATO weekly - if so whats the process (we only have 2 employees)
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

• 1,982 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Linda,
Business Portal shows all pay runs processed by The ATO. It can show multiple years. A great tool to use for investigation.
I pay more than $20 per month for another piece of software, there is not much support either.
The STP App sends payroll figures to the ATO that aggregate into year-to-date figures in the myGov income statement.
Photo of Linda McRobert

Linda McRobert

HI Joseph - thank you.  After talking to the ATO (as no-one from RECKON got back to me) they had received nothing so I re-done all of my July Pays and the 1 in August, which some are still pending but if I add the totals of the Sucessful ones I balance.  But Reckon still adds the totals in the drafts and the Errors so it looks so messy.
Again thank you for your advice
Photo of Kristy Polglase

Kristy Polglase

• 242 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi guys, 
I am also having a great deal of trouble with this app. so can someone confirm that if we just keep lodging the weekly payruns and ignore the YTD on the app - and then just watch what is being lodged on the business portal this should be ok for now? 
I am so disappointed at the lack of support for this -  I do understand that it is a free use app but if they're going to release it to the market then they should at least have the capacity to communicate with us.