STP ATO error message

JuliaSanders
JuliaSanders Member Posts: 13
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've run our first payroll for the new year and lodged 6 STP files through Gov Connect.
I keep getting this message for each file and have no idea what it means or how to fix it. Cannot get through to technical support. Any ideas?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Check out this post Julia - your answer will lie someone in the details... https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/stp-error-addressdetailspostal?utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_topic&utm_content=topic_link

over the past week - issues have been around spaces in phone numbers, incorrect address details in both the Portal profile and the datafile, and I even had one yesterday where the Profile had the address as Rd which came from the search lookup - but the datafile was Road - so I had to change the Datafile to Rd - create the stp file and upload again.
  • Debbie_10121224
    Debbie_10121224 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Hi Julia

I had the same problem on the 5th of this month.   What this means is that you have not added the address of the business in your profile.    In your Reckon Accounts click on file, take option, connected services which will take you to the Reckon log in page.  Log in, to Reckon Govconnect.  Once you are in you will see an icon of a person.  Click on that icon (this is your profile) once you see your profile, you will see that there is no address.   You edit that field to include your address.  Update and exit.   Log in again to see if the address appears.   You could then  re upload a new pay run.  (I did)  and it was successful.   There is also a thread in the community postings regarding this issue.

Debbie
  • JuliaSanders
    JuliaSanders Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2020
    Neither of these suggestions is working. I can't enter either the PO box or street addresses for the businesses as it won't/can't search for the address and says that what I've entered is invalid.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    Hi Julie - what street address are you trying to enter?

• Debbie_10121224
    Debbie_10121224 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda

Our street address is Unit 3 No 30 Stephen Road + Suburb.  That address was not accepted.   When I clicked on search, the suggested address was 30 Stephen Road + Suburb.   Incorrect as it is, I took that option because clearly the address Data base in either Reckon or Govconnect has not been created to accommodate Unit or Factory numbers.  For the purpose of lodging STP (which I started only this year) I accepted the address in the data base.   I did post a message on the site requesting that they should change their data base to accommodate Unit and Factory numbers.

Let's see how that goes.   Maybe Julia has a similar issue to what I had.   I suggest to Julia that if your business has a lengthy address then use your home address if it is not a unit and has only numbers without hyphens or slashes etc.   Once the data base problem has been fixed, the profile could be edited later on to show the correct address.

Debbie
  • Rozep
    Rozep Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2019
    Hi Julie

I had this issue after upgrading the tax tables.I was told to check all phone numbers and addresses, but it didn't make any difference.
    This is what helped me!! When you go to lodge your file from Reckon Do Not Tick the Full File Replacement box. It only needs to be ticked if you are replacing a previously sent file. Hope this helps your issue, it fixed it for me.