STP ATO Error

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
Last week I submitted my first STP and it came back with an error (just noticed today!).  I think I have corrected the ATO error (phone number and address) in the myGov portal.  How long does it take before I know it has actually been corrected and will no longer show "error"?  Each time I have signed out and gone back in it still shows exactly the same error details.  Do I need to wait until the next day to see it fixed and submitted/pending?  I don't really want to lodge my 2nd payroll week in case this first error has not been corrected.  Also, with the first payroll, do I just press the lodge tab again or do I need to go back to my Reckon accounts and go from there? 
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,550 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dianne,
The submission that returned an error won't change, what you need to do now that you've corrected the error is create the pay event file again in your Reckon accounting software and submit the file again in GovConnect.
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

Thanks Rav, can I do a save and replace so I have the same STP file number for that pay week or does it need to be a new STP file name?

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 80,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dianne,
Yes you can replace the previously created erroneous JSON file if you'd like.
Photo of Alanna

Alanna

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Sorry to hijack your post but Rav, can you please help me. I posted this question and wondering if you are able to answer:

I have uploaded our finalisation report and in gov connect it comes up saying the total gross and total payg are $0 but they have correct amounts in individual's details. It also says to Update Event. When i go to employee list it says No to Full file replacement and Yes in Final Event. Is this correct? It is OK to submit as is? Thanks, Alanna

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 80,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alanna,
I've just popped a reply on your thread :) 
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

I have done this with the first payrun and when I pressed the submit tab it flashed up in red at the top something about the gross pay...I didn't catch all that it said.  Anyway it did not take my submission, nothing changed and it still says error.
When I tried with this weeks new payrun, the payrun didn't even appear in the GovConnect area.
Just a little confused here.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 80,234 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dianne,
Which Reckon accounting software are you using and which product have you selected in your STP entity in GovConnect?
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

Hi Rav, I'm using Reckon Accounts 2019.  Premier:Contractor Edition 2019.  It's the only product I have.  Desktop Range . Is this what you are asking for?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Dianne,
Can you let me know which product you have selected in your STP entity on GovConnect as well?

I'll add a screenshot example below from my account showing that I have ALL four products selected in GovConnect. Basically, I just want to ascertain if you have the Reckon Accounts Desktop option selected in GovConnect or if you have a different one.

Photo of Dianne

Dianne

Hi Rav,
I only have the Reckon Accounts Desktop appearing.
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

Just an update.  I have sorted a few things out and have now submitted my second payrun and the ATO status is pending. I will check it again in the next few days to see if it has been accepted by the ATO and also hopefully my first payrun will also have been successful.  Fingers crossed!!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Good stuff Dianne,
Give it a bit of time to process but make sure that you click on the 'Detail' link on the submission to view the most recent response from the ATO. The status will then also update to Success/Error etc after doing so.
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

Hi Rav,  I have just checked GovConnect and my 2nd payrun has "success" next to it.  My first payrun still has "error" next to it.  Does this mean my first payrun is ok and superseded by the 2nd payrun? And therefore I don't need to do anything?
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

Hi Rav, As per Katie below.  Shall I redo my first payrun as a new payrun? even though my second payrun was successful, or is it ok to leave it as is with "error" beside it for the rest of the financial year?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Dianne,
There's no need to submit the previous pay event, and I'd recommend you don't either. STP is reported on a YTD basis so your second pay run has already updated the balances so there is no further action required.
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

Hi Rav, Excellent!!  Thank you for your help.  Looks like all will be good from now on.:)
Regards
Dianne
Photo of Dianne

Dianne

In my Reckon, Single Touch Payroll Lodgements tab, should I be ticking any of the boxes before I press lodge?  There are 3 boxes however I can only read the first line of each of them.  They are "Full File ...", "Update ..." and "Finalise Year".  I know I don't tick the last box and from what I have read I can only tick the first one "Full File ..." within 24 hrs of submitting.  So do I tick "Update..."  Does it say "Update Event"?  The second line of writing is always covered by the list of employees box.  Sorry if that's not clear.
Photo of Katie

Katie

• 70 Points
We have had the same message as Dianne. Our first payrun on 4/7 had an error, so we fixed the error and then did a 'full file replacement' on 9/7 and our regular second payrun on 11/7. The second payrun was successful but the upload from 9/7 came back as an error again. We have tried to upload again today and have had the same text pop up in red at the top of the screen and then disappear with no change to anything. 

Photo of Katie

Katie

• 70 Points
Edit - ours was fixed by uploading again but with the 4/7 payrun as a new payrun in QB. Thanks Rav!