STP ATO Error

Sue Kemp
Sue Kemp Member Posts: 18
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi I uploaded my first pay run of STP to the ATO last night and the status was pending.  I thought I had registered with ATO that Reckon was my software provider but hadn't. I called the ATO today and registered it, but now the message code is error and that I need to register it with the ATO.  I have shut it down and restarted but still the same error.  Do I need to upload the file again.  I am using the latest Reckon Accounts desktop.  Sorry but this is my first attempt at STP - thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Sue,
    Welcome to the world of STP.

Yes now that you've registered your Software ID, you'll need to submit your pay event file via the GovConnect service and it should go through without any trouble (provided there are no errors in the file).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sue Kemp
    Sue Kemp Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2019
    Thanks I've just uploaded the same file and it stats pending so I will give it a few days.  Do I need to delete the old file as it is still there with an error against it.  Just hoping it wont mess up my YTD figures - thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Sue,
    No it won't affect your YTD because it hasn't been accepted due to the Software ID not being registered.
    You won't be able to delete the erroneous pay event as we're required to retain them. Pay events that are in 'Draft' status are the only ones that can be deleted.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.