STP - Enumeration constraint failed

Bully_9639185
Bully_9639185 Member Posts: 28
edited October 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Note the following ERROR MESSAGE received from ATO STP lodgement - HELP??

"The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "Staff Payroll Deduction", item type = String, uniqueID = http://sbr.gov.au/ato.payevntemp: TypeC) Hint:  The Enumeration constraint failed.

Am I supposed to understand what this means?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    It means that you have the term 'Staff Payroll Deduction' listed in a field where its not accepted. Can you please recheck this. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bully_9639185
    edited October 2018
    Hi Rav

Who can I contact to get some assistance with this?   This was a one-off employee deduction (invoice repayment) from the net pay so does not impact the ATO submission?  I can see that it has also impacted subsequent STP lodgements?

Thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Did you check any of the fields for the above term following my reply above?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bully_9639185
    edited August 2018
    No still not fixed Rav - when you say "term", do you mean the word description used is not acceptable or is the problem in how the item has been set up. 

I have called it "Staff Payroll Deduction" in Payroll Item List.

• Bully_9639185
    edited August 2018
    Should I discuss this with the ATO??
  • Bully_9639185
    edited August 2018
    OK I think I may have found my error in the Payroll Item and have updated same. 

The error has impacted the last 3 pay lodgements - even though the error only occurred on the first of the 3 pays?

So where to now - do I lodge a FULL FILE REPLACEMENT (not for corrections??) for the last pay OR an UPDATE EVENT - for which pay?

Thanks in advance!
  • Bully_9639185
    edited August 2018
    Hoping for a response to the last message before I have to process another pay?

Thankyou
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    You have a couple of options, you can either do an Update Event or wait until the next pay which will then send the YTD figure. 

Best practice is to send a Update Event as its better to get into the standardised processes now while there is some leniency in reporting by the ATO. 

• Bully_9639185
    edited August 2018

Thanks Rav - do I only need to do the Update Event on the last pay and then all 3 pay errors will update?  Sorry for all the questions!