STP error

Anne Simmons
Anne Simmons Member Posts: 13
edited October 2019 in Payroll Premier
STP error - has anyone had this error message after trying to upload a pay event. - ATO Messages, the following error messages have been returned from the ATO and need to be reviewed. You may need to make changes in your accounting product before submitting again.

Comments

• Greg Tenni_10097266
    Greg Tenni_10097266 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    I got one of those messages last week.
    As far as I am concerned the whole STP has been an ungodly mess and I've given up caring.
    I lodge every week, error messages or not, so Reckon can sort it out with the ATO as to where they go from here.
    Am seriously looking at changing software next year.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    To make matters worse the tax office haven't received any payroll data.

• sherrie
    sherrie Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2019
    Have you registered with the tax office? or check that your ABN look up matches your Legal entity in Reckon in the company file
  • sherrie
    edited October 2019
    Have you registered with the tax office? or check that your ABN look up matches your Legal entity in Reckon in the company file
  • sherrie
    edited October 2019
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    Yes sure have done all those things.
  • sherrie
    edited June 2019
    I have definitely seen that error.  Check the individual employee files for a employee number. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Anne,
    Is that all there is to the error message?
    Or is there anything specific displayed that the message references?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2019
    Hi Anne. As Rav suggests, give more details. However, make sure you have ALL company details the same as the ATO. Double check the Group b o x and ensure this is 000 if you do not have a group number. Make sure you have logged on to the ATO and registered the Reckon portal number. Particularly note that each time you open Payroll Premier, check that Group box in Preferences/Files to ensure it is 000.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    Just below that message it says "an unexpected error has occured, please contact the tax office" which I have and they have no idea, I have tried to lodge this clients file more than a dozen times and get the same message. i have successfully lodged other clients with no trouble.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    Hi Helen, I don't have a group box in Preferences/Files, just a branch number number which is 001.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Then I gather you are using the same software but you have created separate Payroll files? Double check everything to make sure you have identical details as the ATO. Particularly that Group box in Preferences. Every time you close Payroll Premier and then reopen it the Group box returns to 001. Also, I have found that sometimes after processing the pay run the 001 is back. So now I always leave checking it until after processing and BEFORE exporting ready to upload to Reckon Gov portal.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Sorry I meant Branch No.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    Everything has been double checked, the employee numbers and everything matches the ATO.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Anne,
    Have you 100% confirmed that the Software ID listed in GovConnect has been registered with the ATO?
    This is an absolutely crucial & mandatory step that must be completed before any pay events will be accepted.

Info -
    Where is my Software ID for GovConnect Single Touch Payroll (STP)?

Single Touch Payroll - AUSkey and Software ID FAQ's

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    You MUST delete the 001 and select Save. Even after you process the pays check that it is still 000 before exporting the file ready for uploading to Reckon portal. Even if your ATO details for that company say the Branch is 001 you cannot have that in the software details
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    That hasn't been an issue with the clients that lodged successfully.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Maybe they do have a branch number. The 001 is given for those who do not have a branch. Just one thing, do you have access to the ATO where the payroll runs eventually are lodged? That is a good way to see exactly what the ATO has and each run can be checked.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    Nothing has been received by the tax office.
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Anne,
    Have you 100% confirmed that the Software ID listed in GovConnect has been registered with the ATO?
    This is an absolutely crucial & mandatory step that must be completed before any pay events will be accepted.

Info -
    Where is my Software ID for GovConnect Single Touch Payroll (STP)?

Single Touch Payroll - AUSkey and Software ID FAQ's

• Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Anne. Have a look at your Reckon Portal GovConnect. What does it indicate next to each pay run you have uploaded? Click on details and see what advice is there as to why the pay run has not submitted cortectly. If you successfully submitted another client, then there has to be a reason why this one will not submit.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    Yes Rav, I've rang them and checked it and that the right software ID is registered and also linked it to our tax agent number in access manager.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    it says - ATO STATUS
                  Error: Please click here to view ATO response messages.

When I click "here" i get the message posted above.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    Anne, the only thing left to do is to set down the procedure you went through for the successful lodgement. Be particular and note each step. Compare this to the way you processed the UNsuccessful pay run. There is something that is missing otherwise it would lodge correctly. Even the tiniest thing in the process should be checked. I have just re-read this entire set of messages. Your first message seems to suggest that something is not correct in the company information. Remember all the info is case sensitive. Perhaps a second set of eyes is needed to help find the sticking point. No spaces in the ABN.
  • Anne Simmons
    edited June 2019
    Hi everyone, i have had "Success" the problem was a typo in the Advisor section, I had an incorrect number in the ABN. Thanks for all your help.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited June 2019
    So glad all is well. So important not to panic, rather check thoroughly! Happy payrolling.
  • caz_10035046
    caz_10035046 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    Good work Helen your a gem,  hopefully I wont have issues when I start my fist STP payrun this week   I'm going to be praying!!