STP Error messge

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
Error message when uploading STP file "invalid company information provided. Please check ABN/WPN, company name and branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect STP for your company". I have check both company name and abn matches - not sure where to check branch number though?
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kylie,

There's some info on this related thread which might help, check it out.
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

I am still having no luck Rav.
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Hi Rav

this ABN has been added to two portal accounts. would this be the issue?

Photo of Kylie

Kylie

this is not the case - the ABN has only been added to one portal account. how do I amend the Company's details to add GST branch and address on the portal?
Photo of stef

stef

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
try going to BUY NOW in reckon portal, then Reckon Gov Connect and re enter the ABN number and verify company info. copy and paste the company name it generates into payroll company info, i am using payroll premier and found that putting 001 for branch number made it work for me rather than no branch number
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Hi Rav

I am still having no luck - and am not sure what to try next.

Photo of Kylie

Kylie

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled STP Error - URGENT.

Hi Rav

How do I amend the company information on the portal account to add address and gst branch?

The error message when trying to upload STP file is that the company information is not matching.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 63,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Kylie,
Does your company have one ABN and 2 branches?

Do you need to configure one ABN and two branches?
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Hi Rav - the branch number is 002 so i assume there is two branches. the branch number is in the reckon file but not the reckon portal
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 62,708 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for getting back to me Kylie,

You do need to be sure about this, so please take my next piece of advice with caution and apply it to your circumstances only if its correct.

You will need to add a second GovConnect STP tile
During the signup process select 'I have a GST branch' and add 002 in the branch field. (screenshot example below)

Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Hi Rav

i followed your instructions, and am sure that GST branch is correct, however i am still getting the same error message. am i able to email you screen shots of the Reckon file and the Reckon portal tile/company information please?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 62,708 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sure, send it through to me in an email and I'll ask our STP experts to take a look.
community@reckon.com
(Edited)
Photo of Stephanie

Stephanie

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am getting the same error message, we do not have any GST branches and the ABN & Company name are correct!
Photo of Brooke

Brooke

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi there - can you please tell me how to edit the branch number in the Reckon Portal? I think this may be the issue I was having when trying to submit our STP file as when someone else logged on to the Portal as a new user and set the branch number (whereas I had left it blank), we were able to upload our file successfully. Or do I need to delete my Reckon Portal account (can I do that?) and start again? Thanks.
Photo of stef

stef

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Hi I had the same problem you cant edit the company information in reckon portal but what worked for me was I went to BUY NOW.. then GOV CONNECT and put in the ABN and verified the company. I then used the company name it generated and copied and pasted this into my payroll premier company info so that it is exactly the same. in payroll premier I have noticed that when I go to preferences and files it has branch number which I deleted to 000 however I have found that it automatically defaults to 001 when you go back in a second time, so in reckon portal I put my gst branch as 001 and saved it I then uploaded the file and it all worked well. I got a message saying success and I can see the payroll amount and details for that week there

Photo of Caytlyn Mead

Caytlyn Mead

• 60 Points
Hi All, we have just had significant delays also with this due to the fact that Gov Connect and the ATO register the company name in CAPSLOCK.  if you have not repeated this in your legal name the information will not much.  Also to be mindful that the PTY. LTD. have got the full stop.  also necessary.
Happy STP'ing :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.