STP file replacement date not showing

Tarm
Tarm Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

My 1st STP upload came back with an error.

I contacted support to see what I need to do to fix the file. I was advised what the error was (thankyou) & that as I had made more recent uploads that were successful I didn’t need to do anything else.

The ATO have now contacted me advising I need to upload a full file replacement for the error’d submission but I am not able to select the correct payrun date. ALL other dates are there but not the one I need.

I have looked at the forums & this question has been raised a couple of times in the last year but there are no responses or fixes to the problem.

I have uploaded a Update a previously completed ATO submission or Finalise Year report as that is the only way I could select the correct date however I don’t believe this would be the correct format as the ATO did advise I need to do a full file replacement. They also mentioned I uploaded to a G1 company instead of G11 or something like that. I dont understand as all other submissions are successful.

Do I need to do a full file replacement still or just wait & see if they contact me again.

I use Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2019

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi Tarm,
    Full File Replacement is only to be used to fully replace the LAST successfully submitted pay event. You cannot replace any older pay events. I'm a little surprised to hear they asked to you do that since your subsequent pay events have been successful.

STP is reported on a YTD basis so the submissions you've sent through AFTER this particular one, as long as they are successful, would have already updated your YTD balances.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Diane W
    Diane W Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2019

Hi Rav,

I have received the same error message after lodging our first STP file, and spoke with the ATO and they have corrected an issue with our address.

I need to run an unscheduled payrun today and the ATO told me to go ahead and see if this next STP file would lodge successfully. I am concerned that if it is successful today and I am then told I need to upload a full replacement for the 1st STP file that I won't be able to do so. 

I read your message that you're surprised to hear the ATO ask Tarm to do a full replacement, so what do I do if I'm also asked to lodge a full replacement?

Thanks.

Di

• Tarm
    Tarm Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Rav.

Got another call from the ATO today. Apparently even though everything looks fine on my end it's not at their end & apparently I'm submitting my STP under the wrong branch number. Unfortunately the previous person I spoke to at the ATO wasnt easy to understand & he couldn't offer me much information- he was only able to read the notes left on our file.
    The lady this time said I need to do an "update event" with $0 YTD before my next payrun (which is Wednesday 21/08/2019) then change the branch number & submit my next STP with the correct YTD figures. I have submitted another update event that show's $0 total gross & PAYG on the front view panel of my Reckon Portal but when I look into the detail it show's YTD figures. Have I done this correctly ?

Cheers
    Tarm