stp final pay error

JO-ANNE_7327707
JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have received an error when lodging the final pay.
Instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetailrequiresproperty "Total Gross", instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetail requires property "TotalPayg""

what does this mean?

Comments

• JO-ANNE_7327707
    JO-ANNE_7327707 Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    what a nightmare this is turning out to be.
    My last payrun is still showing as pending. Before I uploaded the final pay I clicked into it to push it through but it hasnt worked. I uploaded my my final pay and got the above error. I have just gone back into it and it and clicked my last pay run and it is now showing the final pay details but still pending.
    I need assistance with this please
  • Julia Lamb
    Julia Lamb Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2019
    I helped someone do their last pay upload - it said pending but in the ATO Portal it was already lodged.  I do believe there is a delay from the ATO side to push the all clear button.
    Also got the error message above when try to lodge it as a final pay - but lodged it as a normal pay ... it worked as a normal pay run but wont when you click final in the Reckon Portal - it is a nightmare!

• Kim Herriman
    Kim Herriman Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2019

Did you work this out? We've got the error too. Trying to do a full file replacement, update event. We've switched part-way through the year and need to update terminated employees YTD figures.  
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    This message usually comes up when there is a mismatch between the file types for the STP pay event export file in your Reckon accounting software and the submission option selected in GovConnect.

To put it a bit more simply, you may have chosen 'Update Event' option in GovConnect STP whereas the pay event was just a normal one ie. not created as a Update Event in your accounting software.

If you are submitting your Finalise Year event, make sure that its been marked as such in your accounting software and when uploading into GovConnect choose the 'Update Event/Finalise Year' selection.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kim Herriman
    edited July 2019

Thanks Rav - how do I get the terminated employees to show up?? As in, they left pre-STP uploads.  edit - new 2019 version fixes these bugs and you can lodge final STP from there
  • Vic
    Vic Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, I'm doing a Final pay event for the EOFY.  I'm using RA 2018 R2 and have used the function "Final Pay" for creating the file and for lodging the file through the Portal, however I'm getting this message as well.  any ideas??? Bronwyn
  • Kim Herriman
    edited July 2019

I was told to use the new 2019 version - there's a finalise pay option...it seems to fix the bugs related to doing it on the 2018 version    : )
  • Vic
    Vic Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Kim.  I thought that was probably the cause, however I thought I'd check in case it was me!!
  • Barbara Allen-Guthrie
    Barbara Allen-Guthrie Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    So this was a year ago, and today 2.7.2020 I am getting the same message.  Why Ray??
    I have selected Finalise Year in Reckon, saved the STP file, then uploaded as "New Payrun/Final Replacement" it is not Update, so Help....