STP final pay or EMDUP file

Options
Tania Lindenmayer
Tania Lindenmayer Member Posts: 37
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Can i lodge my pays with the old method emdup.  The STP will not load my final file and there is not help fixing it as reckon is not taking calls.

Comments

• solomon Megharaj_10105556
    solomon Megharaj_10105556 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What was the problem??
  • KYLIE_10112785
    KYLIE_10112785 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Options
    same not answering and my SPT does not balance and has errors on it???? help reckon?

• Tania Lindenmayer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    it does not tell me the problem just Failed to save pay run event data.  I am able upload and save prior events.  
  • solomon Megharaj_10105556
    solomon Megharaj_10105556 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I could be wrong as I am new to this. My understanding is that if you have, in the past, submitted any STP reports for employees, then we have to submit STP report only. But if you haven't submitted any pay STP report in the past, then you can still continue with the Empdupe process.

Elaborate a bit further on the issue you have!!! Are you comparing Pays report with STP totals and they are not balancing. Is it??
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Tania... You could use the Empdupe process if you want and if you have less than 20 employees (ie not due to start STP until 1 July) but the easiest way to do the year end if you have Hosted - is to upgrade to 2019 R2 - then choose the year end finalise option to create your .json file and upload this - but make sure you select the 2nd option to upload which is : Update a previously completed ATO submission or Finalise Year... this should work if you have previously been submitting STP files during the year with success?  
  • Tania Lindenmayer
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thank but this after i have updated to 2019.
    It lets me upload and accept files but not the final to close off the year.  And the error is so unclear. 
  • Tania Lindenmayer
    edited June 2020
    Options

This is the only message we get.  no info
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Tania,
    The 'Failed to save pay run event data' is caused when there are invalid characters in the pay event (.json file) or if the .json file has been modified.

I'd recommend going into Hosted and checking fields for any special characters and correcting them. The most common one we've come across is quotation marks in addresses, brackets/dashes in phone numbers etc.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Options
    also look for / in address fields?
  • Kim Herriman
    Kim Herriman Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2020
    Options

We switched part-year and for the life of me I can't get terminated employees to show up????
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Kim - you need to have 2019 R2 installed - then when you select Finalise Year - a box pops up asking for the correct financial year - you select 18/19 and then all the employees you have had for the year will show up.
  • Kim Herriman
    Kim Herriman Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2019
    Options

You legend!!! Thank you!!! We're doing it over the weekend so I'll wait   : )