STP final pay same day as usual pay run

Felicity Van
Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
edited October 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have processed my normal pay run & uploaded the STP file.  I have now been advised that I need to terminate an employee on the same day.  when I go to do the final pay event, his name only appears once. so I selected him only & put "final pay event".

However when I go to upload the file i get the error "failed to validate pay run event".

How can I fix this?

Comments

• Felicity Van
    edited October 2018
    Or should I just do an "update event" file?  Without selecting final pay event?  I have terminated the employee in my Reckon file so can I assume that it will pick up that information without me telling it so?
  • Felicity Van
    edited October 2018
    I have received the following error message from the ATO when I did an update event file.

• The date entered for Pay/Update Date must not be later than today's date
    It was the same date as the previous submission date so I have no idea what is wrong.  In saying that, it has updated the individual who was terminated to show their correct payroll up to & including their termination pay.  It just doesn't say "final event" 
  • Felicity Van
    edited October 2018
    Can anyone assist with this at all?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited September 2018
    I've asked our STP dev to review your query. He'll be along shortly with info. 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Felicity Van
    edited September 2018
    Thank you!