STP has uploaded TWO income certs for every employee = how do I remove one?

Kylie Charrington Ex Mills
Kylie Charrington Ex Mills Member Posts: 35
edited August 2019 in Payroll Premier
STP required all employee records to have an employee ID, so we initially created a 'number' for each employee to proceed with STP uploads.   Three months these ID codes were used and uploaded.   Then we went and changed all employee codes to something more relevant, and as a result, the STP upload to ATO then created a new income statement for every employee under the new code, but it includes the 3 months already done.  So now when employees go into their MY GOV ATO income statements, they have two statements which is duplicating the 3 months so their income appears higher and tax etc. 

Comments

• Kylie Charrington Ex Mills
    edited June 2019
    We didn't have employee ID's.  When STP came out it was mandatory to 'create' them.  My accounts team reviewed it later and made it more meaningful to us internally, not thinking that it would ever change an Employee's income statement.   But now it would appear to be creating a problem...  :/

When an Employee logs onto their My Gov ATO account now, under Income Statements it shows two from the same employer, same ABN, same STP code etc, the only thing different is the 'Employee number'.  

edited June 2019
    I understand that Kevin and agree it should make no difference....  the issue is that there are two payment summaries showing now with the ATO.  Don't understand why it is.... but it is....  so I need to find a way to remove the 3 months double up...

• Beau
    Beau Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019
    We've notice the same problem. All the STP payments in reckon one are correct and also our business portal has recorded correct values. The income statements are the problem. The reckon team must have worked with the ATO on integration so someone knows that this could happen. The ideal situation is for Reckon to flag this on the employee field (something like a help dialog box) or once it has been entered make it read only with an explanation of why. I called the ATO business line today and they referred me to a knowledge article on how to handle a change in accounting software during the financial year to avoid duplicate income statements. Was hoping that someone at Reckon one who worked on the integration might be able to help clear this up.

Maybe the update process here will fix it 

https://help.reckon.com/reckon-one/payroll/single-touch-payroll
  • Beau
    edited June 2019
    The employee will have more income prepopulated in their tax return than they have actually received. It could cause tax record and tax obligation problems for the employees
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Beau.   We will definitely try the full file replacement for June 30 - thank you.  I fear though this will only update the current employee numbers and will leave the old double up one there too....  ATO seem to think a reconciliation at the EOY 'may' fix it.  Again, I just hope that we can remove the old employee number file altogether because I can't send a new updated file for those old employee numbers if you know what I mean!

Anyway, fingers crossed - I guess we will all know next week!  Happy EOFY!

• Beau
    edited June 2019
    Good luck. The update didn't work. I might have to do full replace as well. Problem is Reckon can't really do anything and it seems the ATO STP team are so busy they can't take calls. 
    edited June 2019
    I hear ya!  Same problem!