STP MFA

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
Hi, each time I am trying to lodge my STP, I am having issues verifying MFA. Reckon technical support have now revoked my MFA a few times. This is now occurring each time I do payroll (fortnightly). Thanks for any help
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 70,904 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What are the issues you're experiencing specifically?
Photo of Michelle

Michelle

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi I am using google authenticator,  put in code and getting code, message 401:unauthorised.
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

i cant verify MFA. Now google authenticator is not generating a code. when authenticator was working, message received "please enter correct code"
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 70,854 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Are you using an Android phone? If so, the most common cause for the 'Please enter correct code' message (other than actually entering an incorrect code) is due to the timezone settings on your phone not being in sync with Google's servers.

Open your Google Authenticator app > tap the Menu icon in the top right corner > tap Time correction for codes > Sync Now

This will sync your phone's timezone settings, we've found this solves the issue. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Now google authenticator is not generating a code
Have you recreated your MFA after its been revoked by the support team?
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

Thanks. desktop version. have tried syncing clock with google. I think MFA was recreated as i was able to upload a file to govconnect the other day
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

Hi Rav, any updates? Thank you
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

When you try to access GovConnect now is it asking you to verify MFA or setup MFA?
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

Verify MFA
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for that Bjorn. Did you uninstall the Authenticator extension at any stage?

The only time I've seen what your screenshot is displaying is either when there have been no authentications setup in the extension or when the extension has been uninstalled then reinstalled.

If its something outside of this then it looks to be an issue with the extension rather than the Reckon Portal.

Unfortunately, in this case the option would be to get in contact with our Support team to revoke the MFA again and then set it up again.
After the MFA is revoked and before setting it up again, perhaps reinstall the extension.

Our preferred authenticator is Google Authenticator on a Android smartphone or iPhone, do you have the ability to use this option over the current browser based extension?
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

ok, will contact them again. Thanks
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

Hi Raj, still no luck. Tried it on my phone, but wouldnt accept the code. The authenticator in browser still not generating a code. I spoke with support again, and again, they are revoking my MFA. I have a suspicion the same thing will happen again. Thanks
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

Hi Raj, I created another login. Error message now is "Unable to create subscription with Stp". I suspect this is due to my previous registration. Is there anyway to de-register my previous registration?. I am not having much success with support and I don't really have the time to spend 30-40 minutes with them on each call. Thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

No you cannot deregister your existing STP subscription from its current Reckon Portal account.

You mentioned you tried doing this via a phone, which authenticator app did you download? Are you using an Android smartphone or an iPhone?

What was the error message you received specifically?

Has your MFA been revoked already? If it has, before you try and set it up again, can you please clear your browser cache and cookies before trying to set it up.

Are you using a VPN?
(Edited)
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

Android, Google Authenticator. 

"Please type correct code
Note!

You will require this code to authorise your access to Reckon GovConnect in the future. Do not delete your Authentication Application or Access Code."

Reckon said they revoked it last Thursday. Today they said they are going to revoke it. 

I'm at a deadlock now, very confused. 
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

not using VPN
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

From the sounds of it I don't think its been revoked just yet, there's a bit of a backlog on revoke requests at the moment unfortunately. I'll check with the Support team on the status.
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

thanks
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

HI Raj, I just rang support. They can't tell me the status of the revocation.
Photo of Bjorn Jonsson

Bjorn Jonsson

Hi Raj, I haven't received any notification yet. Please advise course of action. Thank you
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I've just given the Portal team a nudge on this to get it sorted. They've got a fair few revoke requests to get through at the moment but I've asked them to look at yours ASAP.

Cheers
Rav (not Raj)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Bjorn,
Can you please confirm if this has been resolved for you
Photo of Fiona Zinn

Fiona Zinn

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi,

Reckon Gov Connect will not accept my authenticator codes that my phone is producing.  I haven't done anything different. Have been doing it using the codes provided for 8 months, now it won't work?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Fiona,
Have there been any changes to your MFA source, eg. are you using a new phone?

If not, and you're using Google Authenticator on an Android phone, can you please sync your time zone settings in the Authenticator app by selecting time correction for codes.

Photo of Fiona Zinn

Fiona Zinn

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My phone was asking for me to do an update on Authenticator.  Once I had done the update on the phone the code worked for STP.
Thanks