STP Mobile App

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I have registered the Mobile App ID with the Australian Tax Office and have submitted reports since 1st July 2019, however each of them have been rejected  with Status either Error requires Adjustment, or Pending. None have been successful. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 87,310 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Shirley,
If you tap on the error inside the individual pay run itself it should give you a message with more information on the error.

Can you let me know what error message(s) you've received please?
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Hi Ray. Thanks for replying.  No further message.  It says Error, then below that STATUS, then below that Submitted to ATO 19 Aug 2019, then Declined by ATO 19 Aug 2019.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 87,004 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Shirley,
If you tap on the 'Declined by ATO' status, a message will appear which will give you the full error response from the ATO.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

The error status says my software is not registered with ATO, however I have twice rang the ATO to make sure I have registered and I have checked the business portal which says my software ID is Active.  Confused and frustrated. Please help.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

I'd double/triple check with the ATO that the Software ID number that is displayed in your app is the one they have registered against your ABN on their end.

Also, make sure that you have ticked the checkbox stating you've notified the ATO and click 'Done'.

Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Rav I have just confirmed with the ATO, with two different people, that my information with the ATO is correct.  Each time I have reported I have ticked the checkbox stating that I have notified the ATO.  What can you suggest next please?
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Help. Is anybody out there?  Some answers please.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Unfortunately, there's not much more I can add to this at the moment Shirley. If the error message you're receiving is referring to the Software ID not being registered then that is the only reason for it, there is no other reason for that specific message to appear.

Have there been any other error messages you've received and more importantly, have you sent any submissions since registering the Software ID with the ATO? Any previous submissions that have returned an error PRIOR to the Software ID being registered will remain in an Error status.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

I have only sent submissions since I registered with the ATO. Nothing previously.  
The message is always that the software ID is not registered.
I give up!!!!!! I am going to uninstall & try another App.  
I thank you for trying to help me but I must say the overall Customer Support  from Reckon Limited is almost non-existent. I cannot believe this is the only forum in which to get help.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

What's the ABN you've registered to the app?
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Shirley,
Can you double check that ABN you've listed above OR the one you've registered in the app please.
The reason I ask is when I search that ABN in our system it shows that its NOT registered in the app at all and never has been.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

OMG.  No that is not the ABN registered in the App.  Don"t even recognise the one registered. How do I change it please? And thank you for persevering.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Can you give me the ABN that you've actually registered to the app please.
Since you've made submissions for it, I can't just delete it but I'll have a chat with our app team to see how we can remove it.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

ABN 11036739082.  I just looked in the Software ID & it is, I think, the ABN for the App itself.  Obviously we used that instead of our own ABN. 
Thank you.
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

One last thing, can you confirm the email address you've used to register on your app account please. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for that, I've sent this to our app team to take a look at how we can remove the ABN you've incorrectly registered now that submission have been sent under it. I'll come back to you as soon as I hear back from the team.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Thanks mate. Very much appreciated.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Hi Rav.  Have you got an answer for me yet.  I need to start reporting or I'll have the ATO on to me.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Hi Rav. Report please?   Need to move on this.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Hi Rav. Report please?   Need to move on this.
I would like to know, as the original submissions were not accepted by the ATO, why can't I delete them, change the ABN & then re-submit.  It's not as if there is anything recorded yet.
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Shirley,
Really sorry for the delay in getting this sorted. The app team certainly dragged their feet on their part of the work so apologies for that.

Its sorted now though so what you need to do is logout of the app and close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.
Log back in and you'll be asked to go through the ABN registration process so you can register your correct ABN.
Photo of Shirley Johnson

Shirley Johnson

Thank you. I'll give it a go.