STP negative super

Options
Karina_9242901
Karina_9242901 Member Posts: 19
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi
I have had the past two weeks payroll uploads from Reckon Desktop with STP, with "errors" status due to negative super, as employees salary sacrifice have been greater than standard employee SG Super amount.  Is there anyway to get around this correction, I have one employee each week so far, and I have noticed it will happen again this week, so therefore I haven't had any successful uploads so far this FYE.
Cheers
Karina

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Karina.  I suspect that there is something wrong with your setup for your salary sacrifice super items.  Currently I have one employee who is salary sacrificing all but a couple of dollars, into super, meaning that the salary sacrifice is substantially greater than employer SGC, and there is no drama in doing this and has never been for me in the past.  If you need some help to rectify this, give me a ring on 0428 695454 and I will see what we can do.
    John L G
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I agree with John - something is not setup correctly with the Super - the total super on the STP upload should be the Salary Sacrifice amount PLUS the SGC amount?
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Karina.  Is you problem perhaps one due to the employer taking the opportunity to reduce the SGC employer obligations by offsetting the amount of the salary sacrificed superannuation and treating that as part of their legal obligations?  I don't know whether too many employers are doing that these days and also it might not be allowed under certain employment awards.  Even if this was the case, there would still be something wrong with your setup.
    John L G