STP not flowing through to ATO

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited April 2023 in Accounts Hosted
Apparently our STPs are not flowing through to the ATO in either of my companies.  I have received no error messages.  All uploads appear to have been sucessfull and have submitted in their status.  My Software ID's were obtained from when I set up the Portal and I lodged them with the ATO through the access manager in my ATO business portal.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    What is the ATO status message if you go into an individual pay event?
    Click the 'Submitted' link on an individual pay event in the list in GovConnect STP and you'll see a status message from the ATO. This will state if its been successful or requires further review on your part.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019

Varies.  Didn't realise you had to check for problems.  The error message needs to be on the first page
    • Your nomination with the software provider may not contain the correct Software ID in Access Manager.To resolve, please log on to Access Manager (AUSkey required), select ?my nominated software provider? and update the nomination, or call the ATO.You will need provide the following details:? Software provider name and/or their ABN? Software ID
    • An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact the Tax Office

• Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited September 2018
    Hi Shelley

Both have failed because you have not registered a software id with the ATO from the GovConnect software indicating you are giving Reckon permission to submit. Please follow this information

https://help.reckon.com/customer-portal/products/govconnect/single-touch-payroll$portal-stp-software...

Thanks

Simon

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    I actually have registered it with the ATO. 
    Software ID found in the STP Gov Portal.  
    Logged into my ATO Business tax portal.  selected My Hosted SBR software services.  ABN 14003348730 Reckon Current Software Id is showing the one that is in the STP Gov Portal. So where is that procedure incorrect?

The ATO confirm that the STP portal Software ID is registered.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Shelley,
    As you're a Reckon Accounts Hosted user, there are two Software ID's that you need to be aware of; the first is the Software ID within Reckon Accounts Hosted itself which is used for BAS submissions.

The second is the Software ID within GovConnect STP in the Reckon Portal for Single Touch Payroll submissions.

You've mentioned that the you've registered the Software ID from GovConnect STP with the ATO and they've confirmed its registered.

Can you advise whether this was done before or after you submitted your pay events through GovConnect STP?

If the Software ID was registered AFTER making the STP submissions, you will need to submit them again in order for them to be received by the ATO.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    The Software ID's were registered with the ATO before the first pay period of the year, so prior to submitting the first STP submission.
    I dont mind resubmitting them if I could create a new file but currently the payruns prior to the 23/7/18 are unable to be accessed through the STP lodgement page.

• Rav
    edited August 2018
    Can you send me a screenshot of your Software ID in GovConnect STP and a screenshot your ATO Access Manager where it shows that ID has been registered. Shoot it through to community@reckon.com 

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    Ive emailed them to you
  • Rav
    edited May 2019
    Hi Shelley,
    Can you please go through and submit a new pay event now please. Once that is done, please let me know and our dev will take a look at the log on our end of what is sending. 

I've responded in your other thread on this topic but I'll mention it here as well.. 
    Full File Replacement should only be used if you've made a substantial error on a successfully submitted pay event ie. has been sent to the ATO and need to replace the whole file.

In your case, no pay events have been successfully submitted due to the Software ID issues so you need to be sending a normal 'new' pay event.

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2018
    Can you confirm that I dont send a full file replacement? I dont choose any of the boxes just select all the employees and the date of the latest payroll event?
  • Rav
    edited August 2018
    Correct, don't select any of the options and it will sent as a normal new pay event.

Please advise once you've done it and sent through GovConnect.

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2019
    The Operating Trust file sent.  

ATO Messages

The following error messages have been returned from the ATO and need to be reviewed. You may need to make changed in your accounting product before submitting again.

Error message
    Your nomination with the software provider may not contain the correct Software ID in Access Manager.To resolve, please log on to Access Manager (AUSkey required), select ?my nominated software provider? and update the nomination, or call the ATO.You will need provide the following details:? Software provider name and/or their ABN? Software ID

The Trustee for Polaris Marine Trust No. 1
    14/8/18    Your nomination with the software provider may not contain the correct Software ID in Access Manager.To resolve, please log on to Access Manager (AUSkey required), select ?my nominated software provider? and update the nomination, or call the ATO.You will need provide the following details:? Software provider name and/or their ABN? Software ID

16/8/18 
    Error message
    The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "(03) 51555582", item type = String, uniqueID = http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevnt:TelephoneMinimalN) Hint: The Pattern constraint failed.

• Nicole_9792696
    Nicole_9792696 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2018

I am receiving a similar error after I have submitted my data to the ATO.  Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Error messages

• Oats
    Oats Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2019
    I am getting the same error,  ATO have contacted me and told me to follow up with reckon?  ATO have registered the software over the phone a couple of weeks ago now the ATO are stating that Reckon may have issued incorrect software ID's  Can anyone assist from reckon. 

Later submissions are accepted only the first upload is affected.

• Jemma Lang
    Jemma Lang Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Michelle have you had this issued solved?  I have had issues setting up STP for my client within in Reckon and their Gov connect.  I resolved these issues,  but the lodgements are now showing an error and not lodged.  I have been told by the ATO that there is an issue with the ATO communicating with Reckon.  And even though my client has been pro active with setting up early (2 months ago) still none of the lodgements have gone through.   I am now told that it may be a few more weeks before this is fixed and therefore my client will have to issue the Annual payroll summaries manually....which we were trying to avoid.  I am glad I only have one client using Reckon products.
  • Oats
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jemma,  In my list of STP summissions I have errors.  But I checked my stp lodgements the week after and the next submission ytd figures are correct.  So that is OK with ATO.

the software id was correct in the business portal access manager in my situation.

I have one employee that when I put in STP for the first time which was also the last pay for this employee has an error but has not been accepted by the ATO.  (You are able to check in the employee section in the Business Portal the lodgements that the ATO have received and accepted)  Reckon have advised that this will be included when I do finalise the FY.  Yet to be tested.   

I have issued this employee a printed payment summary for his records anyway.
    As we have under 19 employees so it was optional to submit STP this year.
    Waiting for the update with the Finalisation option for Reckon accounts plus.

Hope this helps.
  • Jemma Lang
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Michelle for your input.

I have lodged 4 payroll periods for this client and none of them have gone through to the ATO.  I have checked in the ATO portal and none loged.  Back in Reckon Gov Connect they are all have a status of "error", neither Reckon or ATO are able to solve this for me.  So what to do??? Maybe Reckon might read this.
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Jemma,
    It might be easier to create a new thread about this but just to cover off a few things..

I have been told by the ATO that there is an issue with the ATO communicating with Reckon. <snip> I am now told that it may be a few more weeks before this is fixed..
    I'm really surprised to read this, as we do not have any issues with STP data transmission with the ATO whatsoever. I'd be very keen on getting more information on who you spoke with and what issue was referenced in this conversation so we can follow up on it.

Secondly, for your pay events that are in an Error status. What is the actual error response from the ATO? You'll find this by clicking the 'Detail' link on the respective pay event and the error response will be at the top of the page when you're in the pay event itself.

Cheers

• Jemma Lang
    edited June 2019
    This has been going on for 3 weeks with the ATO trying to sort it out.  Can I private message you the ATO reference number for the issue?  I tried to attached an image of the error but it will not upload its too large.
  • Oats
    edited June 2019
    you can copy and paste the ato error. in the comment box.

• DonWellsmore
    DonWellsmore Member Posts: 2

Iam having difficulty lodging pay runs to ATO

it keeps coming up with an error

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Check all postcodes in the file, employees and company info postcode

• DonWellsmore
    DonWellsmore Member Posts: 2

Thankyou Kris. I will check it out tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.