STP only created one file

Catherine moxon
Catherine moxon Member Posts: 39
edited June 2020 in Payroll Premier
I did my first pay run for the new year, and the STP section only created the 2nd file, not the one that gets overwritten each payrun, and uploaded into GovConnect. 

Anyone have this happen? Nit sure how to fix this issue.. 

I'm using payroll premier, and i have loaded in the new patch too. 

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes,  i did notice the file looks different in 19/20 - perhaps an updated way of doing it? Not sure, but it still works.
  • Catherine moxon
    edited July 2019
    Hey, did it only create one file for you too?
    I was sure we were suppose to have one as a reference (with a date stamp) and one that is to be overwritten each payrun. It doesn't look right to me. 

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yes, only the one file since lodging in 19/20 version. 

We've lodged using the one with the date stamp and it works fine; however, maybe Rav can confirm whether two files should be generating?
  • Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    Yes, i'd love a confirmation Rav please??
  • Emily 182
    Emily 182 Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2020
    Happened to me too, only generated the one file. I was able to upload the file in the portal and all the info came across, its currently pending at the moment. 
  • Catherine moxon
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rav, 
    Can you please confirm that only ONE STP file is now being created instead of the 2 that was being generated in the 18/19 software. 
    Thanks
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi folks,
    Apologies for missing this thread.
    Yes, from the new 2019/20 version onward there is only one JSON file created so there won't be any more confusion around 2 files being generated like the prior version.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Catherine moxon
    edited June 2020
    Thank you for replying Rav

That's a pretty big change to make without letting everyone know before hand of the new process.  

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Catherine,
    The secondary file that was created under the previous edition was just a duplicate copy of the JSON. This has simplified it now so there's only one file to contend with for the submission.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• vittoria
    vittoria Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I can't generate a STP report at all-suggestions?