STP placing year-to-date after the first pay run

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I set up STP but didn't put in the year-to-date figures, thinking I would go back later and do it. However, it now wont let me do it. Is there any way I can? If I try and adjustment it will only let me do it for the first month, not prior months. For example, I started in February for a monthly pay-run. I wanted to add a year-to-date for January, but the adjustment for february wont let me put those dates in. Can you help please?
Photo of Gavin

Gavin

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 107,686 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Gavin,
While you can't go back and enter the YTD after declining it at the setup stage the adjustment method you've found is the right track. If you enter an adjustment for the employee it will get your figures to the right level. For example, if Employee A has been paid $1000.00 YTD which wasn't entered at the beginning you can add this in via an Adjustment so it will be added to the YTD balance along with any payruns you've sent already.
Photo of Gavin

Gavin

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Rav. The only concern I have with this though is that the pay period being reported isn't strictly correct. For example, if the pay period was for the previous month, it wont let me put those dates in. I'm concerned that i am signing a declaration which isn't 100% correct. Any suggestions, should I write to ATO and advise them separately that I cant do it through STP?  Cheers.
Photo of Kim Lai

Kim Lai

• 60 Points
Hi Rav,
First time user here,I have multiple employees that started on different months. When I do my first pay run can I start from 1st July 2019 to year to date?
cheers
kk