STP Quicksuper set up

Dianne Poon
Dianne Poon Member Posts: 26
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
Trying to get my head around this STP change. I have one employee whom I send their super through Quicksuper Australian Super so I have set up Quicksuper with Australian Super as the clearing house for all my employees.   How do I set up my accounts to send their super to the Australian Super Quicksuper? Do I have to create another Payroll Item called Quicksuper and put all employees under this super a/c? Just a little confused.

Comments

• Hawk
    Hawk Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2019
    Your title is a bit confusing too. STP and Quicksuper are different things. If you are asking about setting up superfund for your employees, you need to setup their super fund companies under payroll menu first then add them in the employee’s pay setup under Superannuation Accounts. When time to do super, just generate a SAFF file under SuperStream and upload to QuickSuper.
  • Dianne Poon
    edited May 2019
    Yes, sorry the heading was confusing and firstly it is Quicksuper I’m querying about. I’ll sort out STP next. I have the employees with their nominated super funds set up and have been transferring manually the info to each fund and a cheque for each fund shows on my Reckon statement. My query is, in the Create Liabilities, a cheque is created for each fund. However I am now actually only sending one cheque to one fund for all the super contributions. So on the Reckon statement it shows each fund but not the one Quicksuper fund. How do I set up this one Quicksuper to send all super to. Currently only one of my emploees’ use this fund however I have added my other employees to this Quicksuper. The one I am using is Australian Super. I hope this is a little clearer. Thanks. :)
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Go to Lists > Payroll Item List.  Now double click on each super payroll Item.  On the 3rd screen it says "Enter the name of agency to which liability is paid:" and change them all to be the same "Quicksuper".  When you do that, the liability screen, when you go to pay the superannaution, will only have the one choice of Quicksuper.
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Dianne Poon
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Kevin, so shall I create a new Payroll Item called "Super" or "Quicksuper".  After doing this would I then need to change the Item Name in each of the employees super details to the same item name?  But in the Super Details area below I would also add all the fund details eg name, unique super ID etc.  Thanks
  • Dianne Poon
    edited May 2019
    Thank you Kevin, this is all making sense now. :)
  • Dianne Poon
    edited May 2019
    Thank you Robyn, I have a much better understanding of this now. :)
  • Dianne Poon
    edited May 2019
    I have gone ahead and created a new Payroll Item named Quicksuper.  Then I have gone into each employee and edited their Super Details by changing the Item Name at the top to Quicksuper.  Then added/corrected all their super details to reflect their own super fund.   I have also made the change on the 3rd screen as you have suggested to Quicksuper.  I think I have covered it all. 
    Thanks to everyone who helped with this.  Lucky I don't have too many employees to make the changes with. :)