STP Reconciliation

Andrea_9470143
Andrea_9470143 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hiya,

Just reconciling my end of year stp. Noticed that 2x files that were in error, which I have resubmitted have gone through to the ATO twice. I know I cant delete them but how do I rectify? I have trolled through the Q & A. Is it correct that once I submit the final stp the ato will use those figures for each employee? 

Cheers,
Andrea

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    If they are still in error it’s normally safe to ignore them, subsequent submissions should have included those figures and the finalisation process will too. I still like to check the totals on the finalisation before I lodge though
  • Diane W
    Diane W Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kris,

I was reconciling my STP last week and found the payroll figures in the ATO STP portal didn't reflect the YTD figures from my Reckon payroll figures. I found the error was in the very first STP file I uploaded dated July 31st 2019 which remains to-date as an "error" file. What caused that very first error was corrected straight away.  So it appears the YTD figures in the August STP file (we have a monthly payroll) didn't correctly update the total payroll YTD figures.  I had to upload the July 2019 STP file to the ATO again last week, and now the YTD figures are correct.  At the time the ATO told me the same thing, not to worry ... that the next payroll file will report the YTD figures. I thought I should let you know that either the Reckon STP Portal upload or the ATO STP Portal aren't behaving the same for everyone.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for that, it certainly is a minefield, glad you sorted it out
  • Andrea_9470143
    Andrea_9470143 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2020
    Thank Ladies, My final STP balances with the payroll summary so I'm going to submit... wish me luck