STP Sharing - QR Code

Lynne_8946547
Lynne_8946547 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have set up a colleague to access STP on the Reckon Portal and have shared our file with him.  
My problem is that I want to set up the google authenticator on his phone for MFA, but I do not know how to get the QR code to set this up.  I set myself up over a year ago so can't remember how to get this.

Help please. Thanks 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi Lynne,
    This guide should help you out -

MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) with GovConnect

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lynne_8946547
    edited August 2019
    Hi Rav, this doesn't help because MFA is already verified under his log in.

I set him up a while ago but cannot remember if I did the MFA authentication at that point.  He did not have the google authenticator on his phone so I assumed it hadn't been done.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi Lynne,
    When you say the MFA is already verified, do you mean that its already set up?
    If so, then there's no need or ability to rescan the QR code. If you need to make any changes to the MFA, the existing MFA needs to be revoked first. This can be done through 'Profile' in the Reckon Portal account. You will need the existing MFA or Recovery PIN to do so.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lynne_8946547
    edited August 2019
    Hi Rav, it's possible that we set it up and he has deleted the google authenticator app from his phone.
    So how do I reset this up on his phone? Because we've downloaded the app, but to set it up it wants a QR code.
    Does revoking the MFA on my profile in the portal, revoke it it his profile too? 
    When I set MFA back up do we both scan the same bar code?
    I don't want to do anything before I'm sure what the result is going to be.

If it's easier, you could email me and I'll let you know my phone number to call.

Thanks

• Rav
    edited August 2019
    Ok, so there's a couple of ways to reset the MFA. You need to log into his Portal account, then go to the Profile section (top right corner) and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.
    You'll see the revoke option from my screenshot there and from here they have a choice of using a code from the original Google Authenticator that was used when it was setup. But it sounds like this may have been deleted so the other option is to use the Recovery PIN which he was told to record & keep safely during setup of MFA.

If neither of those options are available, then you'll need to get in touch with our tech support team (1300 137 657) who will try to organise removal of the MFA after doing a security check.