STP submission status of error in GOVConnect

Con Sikalas
Con Sikalas Member Posts: 13
edited October 2019 in Accounts Hosted
My first submission for STP through GOVConnect shows a status of "Error".
When you click on the Detail page there is a message at the top saying:

ATO Status
Error: Please click here to view ATO response messages.

Clicking on "here" does not show anything.  How do I find out what the error is so I can fix it?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Con,
    When you're on the page showing that error message, refresh the page by pressing Ctrl and F5 (on most browsers) and then click the link. That should bring up more info on the error.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Con Sikalas
    Con Sikalas Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Rav.

That shows the following ATO message.

What does that mean?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    This is an easy one to solve. You just have to make sure that whatever type of STP file you are creating in your Reckon accounting software is what you are selecting as your upload option in GovConnect.

So for example, if you are creating a NORMAL new pay event in your Reckon software please ensure you are not selecting any of the tickboxes ie. Update Event, Full File Replacement etc when you are creating the file in your software.
    Then over on the GovConnect side of things, select the New Pay Event option as your upload selection.

Essentially speaking, you just have to make sure that the way you are creating your pay event file in your software, is matching what option you are uploading in GovConnect.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jacquie Smith
    Jacquie Smith Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav

I've also got an Status error message in the STP portal however it's a little different to Con's - see below:

Hoping you can assist.
  • Tikky Langabeer_10272440
    Tikky Langabeer_10272440 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    Hi Rav,

I also had the same problem (error message from ATO) but my message it was showing  below. What does it means? Thank you
  • Rav
    edited October 2019
    Hi Tikky,
    This message means that there was an issue with the ATO's SBR2 service at the time of your submission. SBR2 is the ATO service that handles STP transmissions sent from software providers like us, to them.
    In short, this submission has not been processed and what you'll need to do is send the submission again.