STP transition: 2 separate final pay events OK?

Sandra_10124565
Sandra_10124565 Member Posts: 33
edited July 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Using Accounts Premier: Contractor Edition 2018 Release R2P
Started transitioning to using STP at the beginning of June 2019

I see there are now end of year finalisation instructions for STP on this site, but when I did what I did (see below), these weren't available so I did what seemed logical at the time. Now I don't know if it is OK or if I have to do something to amend and fix this.

We have employees on 2 separate pay runs ("A" employees paid Monthly, "B" employees paid Weekly). Pay dates are different.

When our "A" employees were paid for the last time in 2019, I ticked the "Final Pay Event" button, then lodged this with the ATO.

Likewise a few days later, when our "B" employees were paid for the last time in 2019, I ticked the "Final Pay Event" for them then lodged this with the ATO.

All our employees for the financial year were covered by either the A or B final groups, so everyone was covered by one of these Final Pay Events. There were no double-ups (ie no-one was included in both). The information in those Final Pay event lodgements was correct for each employee and showed the correct year end totals.

Does anyone know if this is OK or not? The portal is still saying that both those Final Pay event lodgements are "Pending" but when it goes through, will the ATO have all the right information? . The new instructions put up now seem to be saying you can only tick that Final Pay box if it covers ALL of your employees. I tried submitting a request to the Reckon help desk but that was last week and I haven't heard anything back yet. 

In case it is relevant, I have since lodged more STP files for this current financial year.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Sandra_10124565
    Sandra_10124565 Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2019
    I ended up phoning the ATO to see what they thought from their end. (I waited until at least one of the pay runs said "Success" in the portal first). In case anyone else has this same situation:  what I did worked. By ticking "Final" for each of the last pay runs everyone's Gross/Tax is correct for the year. 

Next year, though, will follow the new instructions given out with the 2019 version.

And by the way, it is possible for the ATO to have received the STP lodgements before the Reckon portal says "Success". Today is 19 July and I still have one pay date STP lodgement from 26 June listed as "pending" in the portal (even when I click on the Details to update them as per Rav's instructions). But, the ATO says they have all been received on 4 July and their figures match mine so it is true. Curious.