STP Upload Issue

Ellenbee
Ellenbee Member Posts: 18
Hi Luke,

So now I have a new problem I hope you can help with!  STP has been set up correctly (according to my accountant) but when I work through the process to upload through the Reckon portal, in the STP tab under Company & Advisor Information, the company address is blank.  I cannot edit it, and my accountant has checked the ABR where our address is shown correctly.  Where do I go from here please?

Thanks 
Leigh

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Have you checked in your Reckon File - under Company - then Company Information - the Legal address settings in the middle of the screen would be where this info should be added according to the ABR records?
  • Oats
    Oats Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2019
    The legal company details (half way down the company information section)  in your accounts, has to exactly match the STP company info.  If it is all in Capital Letters they both have to be in Capital Letters.  Can copy and paste it to make sure.
  • Ellenbee
    edited April 2019
    Hi Linda,
    Thanks, but yes the legal address is correct.  There is just no address showing in the Reckon Portal and it cannot be edited.  Reckon says the information is taken from ABR records.  When we checked, the ABR has our address as correct.  Not sure where to go from here, because I cannot upload any payroll files to complete the process.  Any other ideas??
  • Ellenbee
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Michelle, I have done this but the problem continues...
    Reckon portal does not show our legal address, even though ABR does.
    So, I cannot upload any payroll files to complete the process.
    Any other ideas would be appreciated!
  • Shiwen Mao
    Shiwen Mao Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2019
    Hi Leigh, I have the same issue with you. Hope somebody can help us.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Leigh and Shiwen,
    What is the exact error message you're receiving when you attempt your STP lodgement?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Shiwen Mao
    Shiwen Mao Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

We are trying to use Reckon GovConnect to do single touch payroll submissions. However, when we want to upload the payroll data, it always appears that the information not matched. However, we don't know where to edit the company information and don't know what the problem is. Please refer to attached image to help us. We don't know where to edit ABN, where to add branch number.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,253 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for getting back to me Shiwen,
    Are you using Reckon Accounts Business or Hosted as your Reckon software? If so, please take a look at the information in this article -
    “Invalid Company Information error” in Govconnect STP when submitting pays from Reckon Accounts

Be sure to pay close attention to upper/lower case characters, spaces, and invalid characters. The details must match EXACTLY between GovConnect STP and the information in your software.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ellenbee
    edited April 2019
    Hi Rav,
    My error message is the same as Shiwen's.  The issue is with the Reckon Portal in STP tab - Company and Advisor Information there is no address for our company, despite their being an address in my Reckon Accounting file and also as lodged with Australian Business Register.  I am unable to edit it in the Reckon Portal.

This is a Reckon issue - I cannot lodge until this is fixed.

Any other ideas please??
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Rav - I can confirm that I have been able to recreate the problem these guys are having?  I setup a client in my portal - and when adding the company - the point at which no address comes through is BEFORE any connection to the Reckon file is made?  I carefully checked that there was an address in the correct place in the Company Information screen before adding this company to the portal - then in the portal I put in their ABN - that worked fine and I submitted the details - then as soon as I went to look at the Company & Advisor Info tab - the address and phone fields were blank - at this point the portal had not looked or connected to the Hosted file?  I can see this company in my BAS Agent portal and there is both a postal and a business address registered - so I dont know why the address has come through as blank?  As soon as I tried to upload the first STP file I got the error message that the others above are getting?  Hope this helps with looking at this problem?
  • Oats
    Oats Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2019
    Can this be updated in the profile section of the portal. e. Add address?  in the top right of the screen.
    Or the company details section in the top left of the portal.  2 places that can edit the address. 
  • Ellenbee
    edited July 2019
    Hi Michelle,  Our company address is showing correctly in both these places, but it doesn't seem to make any difference...this is very frustrating!  My accountant wants us to change to MYOB but I do not!!
    Kind regards,
    Leigh

• Rav
    edited April 2019
    Hi folks,
    Been speaking with our STP team on this, the address that is displayed on GovConnect is updated from the accounting software upon each successful lodgement.

If you're coming across the Invalid Company Information error, my recommendation would be to recheck the information within this article - “Invalid Company Information error” in Govconnect STP when submitting pays from Reckon Accounts and ensure that EVERY detail matches. For example if your legal company name is ABC & XYZ Limited as presented by the ABR that is listed as such in your accounting software and NOT as ABC and XYZ Ltd (just an example). Also ensure there are no invalid characters eg. brackets/spaces in the phone number etc. Another common case is branch numbers not being consistent across the two.

If you've checked everything and can't come across what the issue is, please send me each of the following to [email protected], ATTN: Rav (STP address details):
    - Attach the .json file you're attempting to upload
    - ATO Receipt number for the failed pay event
    - ABN
    - Reckon Portal user name
    - Screenshot of the error message you're receiving when you attempt to submit

• Ellenbee
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,  Thanks for all your help with this issue.  Mine is finally solved!  The company name on the top of the tab in the Reckon Portal was in upper case so now it has been changed to mixed case it appears to be working.  This may help others.
    Leigh