STP YTD Appear Incorrect

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
I need someone to assist me with ID: 6026699862 for Reckon STP payroll reporting (APP). I’ve got over the fact drafts / error submissions cannot be deleted however the accruals (total YTD figures) are wrong for each employee. Is there are way of fixing this as I am unsure where the error lies? Reporting incorrectly to the ATO also concerns us. Can the whole thing be deleted & reset worst case? Look forward to your response. Thanks Sam
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

• 1,782 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Business Portal shows pay events processed by the ATO.
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

Thanks Joseph. I’ve checked the ATO portal & they’re reflecting the same YTD (incorrect accrual) amounts as the Reckon STP APP. So if my employee logs in to the ATO site & it states they’ve been paid $17k gross & not $15k (correct) it’s our error? This STP system is flawed.
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

The difference could be the YTD figures you put in during setup of the employee in the App.
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

Are you using the APP Joseph, or a representative for Reckon? McDonalds don’t sell Big Macs before testing their own product
Photo of Joseph Li

Joseph Li

Sam,
I do have a background in software development. I left that field some 17 years ago.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 89,374 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sam,
If you have incorrect figures, then you can correct them by creating an adjustment in the app. Have you done this already?

If not, create an adjustment and use it to correct the balances for the respective employee(s) for whichever field is incorrect ie. gross pay, super etc. An adjustment can be sent as a negative or positive so in your case, it sounds like you need to create a -$2000.00 gross pay adjustment.
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

Thanks Rav, will work with this.
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

Rav is there a way of resetting the software ID? I have multiple duplicated pay runs where adjustments have been submitted due to errors. The whole thing needs cleaning up. Whilst I realise nothing changes for the ATO i.e. submissions stand, I would like my view reset.
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

When I adjust error submissions, the whole thing gets duplicated (i.e. error files don’t disappear)? Surely error files should have the ability to be deleted by the user also? Thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,842 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sam,
Submissions that are in any status other than draft cannot be deleted. We're required to retain them for data security & integrity by the ATO.
In regard to resetting your registration, because there have been submissions sent, unfortunately I'm not able to delete it.

As it stands now, are the figures that you've sent correct for the employee(s) on their MyGov and/or your ATO Business Portal?
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

Hi Rav, the YTD amounts reflect incorrectly on MyGov / ATO Portal. I’ve simply entered for 5 employees 7 pay periods of which details Gross Sal, Tax & Super nothing more. Thus how can the YTD amounts show as otherwise in Reckon? Adjustments as you state may need to be made but why? I accrue all in a spreadsheet (10yrs working in Funds Management), which is a simple SUM. Thanks
Photo of Sam Melton

Sam Melton

Can I please have a response?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 88,842 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sam, did you report any pay events for the previous financial year OR have you started your STP reporting from this financial year only?

I can't say why your figures are incorrect or what you've done because I don't have that visibility but regardless, to bring your values back to what they need to be, an adjustment from the app is required.