Submitting STP for last pay event after having lodged EMPDUPE file

John Graetz
John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
All pays for the year have been processed outside of STP.  Everything has been reconciled and the EMPDUPE file has been lodged for the 2018-19 year.  I have now setup STP.  Every employee was included in the last pay for the year.  Can I still do an STP lodgement for the last pay (more or less to test out that everything has been setup correctly) or would this just complicate things?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    I was told by the tax office that as long as you don’t complete the finalisation process anything you lodge for 2018 - 2019 is irrelevant. I have been lodging STP for 2 months but will still be doing my payment summaries the old way
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for your advice.  John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Welcome to the world of STP John,
    If you've lodged the EMPDUPE file already, its best that you don't also do the finalisation pay event via STP. From what I've been told, doing so will double up figures at the ATO end.
    Just start with a normal pay event submission from your next pay.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Catherine moxon
    Catherine moxon Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, 
    So if we don't do the 'end of year' process for the 18/19 year in STP, it doesn't effect anything for the lodgement of the first pay run in 19/20? It just starts fresh automatically?
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the welcome Rav!  It was a bit of a trauma setting things up because of my unique situation in that I am the main user of Hosted but logged in through sharing a file.  Ultimately, by going back over all of the posts over the past few weeks, I ended up setting up myself and then adding additional accounts - will see how it works out next Monday.
    John L G
  • Sasha23
    Sasha23 Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2019
    Hi John I’m in the same boat as you lodged 2018/2019 EMPDUPE file so basically next pay will be start with STP. Hopefully it all runs smoothly for you.
  • Chris McDonnell_8336504
    Chris McDonnell_8336504 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    I have a client who, for practice purposes, only ran STP for June.  They also ran the final pay event with the last payday for the year.    The question is, how does my client run a final pay event for the several terminated employees who were not in the STP uploads during June.  Do we lodge an EMPDUPE for those particular employees?  Thanks.
  • Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Chris, Use EMPDUPE for employees that have not been reported using STP.