Super did not calculate

Kellie Riek
Kellie Riek Member Posts: 59
I have Reckon Accounts. I was going through our employees and I noticed a new employee who worked for 3 weeks and left due to injury didn't have any super accumulated. I have him as 'inactive' now. Super is set up as per the Payroll and Compensation Info drop bar. His Super member number is there as well as the correct 9.5% Super Company Contribution Rate. I have checked others and I have set it up right.

I don't understand what happened. Other employees who started the same time have super accumulated. Is it because I put this particular employee to 'inactive' and that lost all data? I checked his payslips and Super never got calculated.

How can I rectify this? I have manually calculated his super but it it won't let me enter the details into his payslip.

Please help!

Thank you

Comments

• Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2015

Did he earn more than the Base for Super entitlement during the three weeks he was employed?  If not then it will not calculate a figure as the employee was not entitled.  Employees need to earn $450 for the month before they are entitled to Super payments.  This is per calendar month too so check the dates of employment as well.

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Kellie,

As Sue mentioned, the minimum threshold of $450 is one of the causes that can make it look like your employee is not calculating superannuation. Please check that they have multiple payslips that earn above $450. The payslip that goes above the $450 amount gets all the super calculated on that payslip.
    • Another setting you may want to check is inside the Payroll Item List.
    • Once you are inside there, right click on your "Super" type item and click on "Edit Payroll Item".
    • Click "Next" until you get to the end - "Include payments in contribution"
    • Check that the wage/earning that you are using for the employee is ticked in this area.
    • Go back to process a new pay and see if superannuation is calculating.
    If this has not fixed the issue please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Kellie Riek
    edited April 2015
    Hi Alex and Sue.

Thank you for your replies. The employee made a total of $1020 net in his 3 weeks of employment. 

However, another employee who worked for only 2 weeks and earned less than employee in question got super. I'm not sure what I've done.

Alex, I tried your suggestions. The minimum threshold is $450 set in the system. I don't know why employee in question didnt get super :(

Thanks.
  • Donna Pinnell
    Donna Pinnell Member Posts: 26
    edited April 2018
    While I can't provide any advice for the latest upgraded version (because I haven't done it yet), I can tell you that in the previous version, if you don't actually select a fund from the list when setting them up, it doesn't matter what numbers/fund details you type in the boxes, it won't always calculate the super.  That may be where the problem lies for his past details.
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Hi Kellie,

In addition to the above solutions please try checking the employee record to see if the pay frequency is set to anything other than Weekly.

Regards,
    Alex

• Kellie Riek
    edited August 2016
    Hi everyone, thank you for all your help. I have checked all the suggestions you have given me and the employee is still not generating super. I have set the account up right. No idea what's going on. Could be a simple thing, like a box not ticked. I have manually calculated his super so when I go to pay it this month, Ill take note. Thanks.
  • Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Hi Kellie,

I just want to make sure that you understand all the above solutions will only solve the issue for future pays and not any pays that have been processed in the past. If you are looking to update the pays that you did last week (for example) - please delete and re-enter them, recheck etc.

Regards,
    Alex
  • Kellie Riek
    edited April 2015
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I did recreate one of the payslips and he still didn't generate Super. I have no idea what's going on. Maybe the employee isn't earning enough to generate super. 

• Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Hi Kellie,

Try putting in a larger amount like $1,000 or $10,000 just to see if super starts to calculate. If it does then you know it is working and can process the next pay as usual.
  • Kellie Riek
    edited April 2015
    Hi Alex,

I tried your method. Super never calculated. Its very strange. I had set this employee up as any other. Will it help if I delete him and readd the employee?
    He's 'inactive' right now.
  • Donna Barletta
    Donna Barletta Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2016
    You can re activate him at any time.
  • Donna Barletta
    Donna Barletta Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2016
    Try taking a screen shot of all his set ups and then open up an employee who is generating super, and check both pages at the same time to double check that everything is identical.
  • Dafydd Jones_2659517
    Dafydd Jones_2659517 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    I'm having a similar problem, can anyone help? I found a mistake in the payslips for an employee under 18. I went in and edited the payslips for the year & added in super. When I go to the super by employee report each pay shows $0 super!!!!
  • Sue Atkinson
    Sue Atkinson Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2015

Dont take this for gospel but I believe that employees under 18 do not have to accrue Super.  Please google the ages for accrual of Super and find out for sure.