Super hasn't calculated this pay period ended 1 Nov 2015

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have Reckon Accounts Hosted - Super hasn't calculated this pay period ended 1 November 2015. Employees on a salary should have their super calculated each weekly pay. For some reason this week's super has been omitted for most of the employees. Has this something to do with the scheduled maintenance performed on Saturday 31st October?
Photo of Glenda

Glenda

• 424 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Shannon Sciuto

Shannon Sciuto

• 2,110 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Glenda 

Is it possible that those who didn't get super for this payrun earned less than $450 (or your super threshold)? 

If that's the case, the super is only calculated once they go over the threshold for the month.  Once they do, super is calculated based on the entire wage paid for that month.  So it will be $0.00 for the first payrun or two, and then 9.5% of the employees' gross wages for the month to date. 

Otherwise, is this the first time you have run payroll for these employees or just the first time you have found this error?

I hope this helps!! 
Photo of Glenda

Glenda

Thanks for your reply. I do understand about the threshold. But the particular employee earns a salary of $1,043.15 net each week. Another on salary is $729.38 and this hasn't calculated super either. All the prior weeks have calculated the super. Only this week it hasn't. Other casual staff have had super calculated if over the threshold and others which are under have been Nil - which is correct.

Photo of Glenda

Glenda

I checked the "salary" item and the super box was not ticked for some reason. Hopefully the next pay run will calculate the super now.